JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There are currently only 5 shooters signed up for this event and only 22hrs left to pre-register. Please help us get the word out.

ARGirl_zpscfada9b6.jpg

Bad news; the Springfield event for this weekend has been cancelled. I'm so bummed. Normally we would do an event even for a single shooter on the off hand that others might show up. In this case our 5 pre-regs turned into 1 a day before the event and that one was a repeat appleseeder. Coupled with the travel expenses of bringing instructors down from Vancouver; the event has been called.

Please do mark your calendars for April 20/21. We will be 'all hands on deck' for Patriots weekend including an event in Springfield.

We have events planned for Waitsburg, WA, Vale, OR and Nampa, ID. Any of those work for you?

Waitsburg, WA is the closest, but still over an hours drive. We might come up for one day or stay overnight in Walla Walla and alternate days between me and my wife.

What are the events and hours for April 20-21? What do we need to bring? Do you have a promotional code that you can private message me?

April 20th will be a special Appleseed. It's Patriots Day weekend. Without having seen the POI for the weekend I can't say for sure what all will be different during this weekend vs. 'normal' weekends but I do know there will be special targets and Rifleman who participate in a patriots day weekend qualify for a special rocker patch. I suspect there will be a little extra meaning in the stories that we tell about April 19th, 1775.

Here's the registration link for Waitsburg Waitsburg, WA Appleseed April 20-21, 2013 - Eventbrite and the information page with hotels Appleseed Schedule

We ask shooters to arrive by 8:30. We typically start our safety briefing at 9 but we can get going earlier if everyone is there. Our last shoots are down range between 3:30 and 4:30 depending on daylight and shooter stamina. There's about a 20-30 min wrap up and then any range clean up necessary.

Here's the official 'what to bring' list complete with video Appleseed - How to Prepare for an Event

My personal list in priority order:
Teachable attitude - come with an open mind and we will improve your marksmanship
water, snacks, lunch - stay healthy on the line; Appleseed is taxing on the mind and body so set yourself up for sucess
appropriate clothing including a hat - we shoot rain or shine; dress accordingly
eye and ear protection - Huh? :D
rifle (any will do but semi auto, mag fed .22 w/GI style sling is best) - hard to learn to shoot without a rifle but loaners are frequently available
400-500 rounds - with current ammo shortages we instructors try to bring extra we can sell at reasonable prices so there may be some at the event
2 magazines or a speed loader (7-11 slurpie straws work for tube fed)
adjustable sling - the $12 GI style works best, again loaners are frequently available
shooting mat/carpet square/tarp - a place to call your own
chair

If you're like me and have to *really* be prepared
Sharpie
stapler & staples (thumb tacks work well too)
notepad & pen
screw driver kit
cleaning supplies for your rifle
spotting scope
tarp
Knee pads (and/or elbow pads but if the instructor teaches you right you are on the back of the elbow using more of the triceps and these are unnecessary)

I'm afraid I don't have any discount codes but I can tell you that we are the best value in marksmanship training out there. For the two of you to shoot both days would be $120+ammo. Any decent date night will run you that much but you will get so much more out of it.

Hope that helps

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads