JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Have any of you installed just the sear to bring the trigger pull down to 5lbs but retain the gritty feeling. I don't really want to deal with removing the rear sight if it feels decent sear only. Its a carry gun so Im not that worried about "feel" but the 10lb break is really hard to deal with. Thought Id check to see what others have done. THANKS :s0155:

Try one of the 25c trigger jobs - that is pull the block to gain access to the trigger bar - then polish the places were the metal contacts other metal.

Getting rid of grittiness is a big improvement and a 15-20 min job with a minimum amount of tools.

Lots of videos on YouTube on what/where to polish.

My suggestion, unless you are a machinist, do the polishing by hand, you do not want to take off metal and go thru the hardened layer.

Are you sure your Shield is pulling 10 lbs? Cause that sounds like something else might not be right - ie a spring turned wrong.

There is a MA-compliant Shield that indeed sports a 10lbs trigger. It is the only model where I would install the APEX kit.
Standard Shield triggers are around 6.5lbs, which is very manageable for a carry pistol (it is not a range toy).

Pulling the rear sight to access the block is the part I don't want to do, LOL, Im installing the sear for sure, but didn't know if I should just man up for the whole kit. Thanks

I did the whole kit in mine and really like it. If you don't replace the striker block, you will still have a gritty trigger. The rear sight was a bear to remove, but worth it in the end in my opinion. I ordered night sights at the same time as the Apex kit and installed them at the same time. Kills two birds with one stone.

Thanks Nutty, I like the idea of going NS at the same time, Ive read the stock sight comes off so hard that even pushers end up marking it. Im not sure about being MA or not but it breaks so much harder than any Glock I own that it is a hard transition and I shoot it poorly. Very gritty on take up but that alone wouldnt be a problem for me if the pull was lighter. Thanks

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top