JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I might have to try one of those for tools in my flatbed boxes. Always trying to find things to put stuff in that keep the water out but are not big bucks.

Yeah, same here, but they seem to have started something for those of us who said, that's a great price, but I'd give you a little more money if you made it a bit nicer.

Case in point, their Daytona floor jack; directly competes with a Snap on unit and comes with a 3 year warranty. I love mine, very smooth unit.

Dayyuuummmm, they are not the bad but to be sure of its quality I'm gonna subject it to a Hellish torture test before the 90 day warranty expires....;)

Will do. Got a few things for my 18' flatbed trailer.;)

20171126_164946.jpg

I completed a series of tests on the small case the other day. I loaded my EDC & magazine between the folds of the very dense foam. I did not have to pull any foam pieces out and they fit snuggly.;)

20171206_172216.jpg
20171206_172358.jpg
I took the case outside, tossed it on the lawn a 1/2 dozen times, rolled it on its edges and then sprayed it hard with the hose along the seams.:eek::eek::eek:
I opened the case and found that not one drop of water made it into the case and the contents appeared to have survived the jolting from the tossing. One thing I would suggest is to ad a few drops of oil or lubricate to the hinges as they were a bit tight.;)
I'm impressed and will buy more if needed.
20171206_172436.jpg

Last Edited:
91AC0E96-D218-4E2A-94E2-73E3FC40ABBF.jpeg There large one has a coupon for it now
30 for it. About the size of a briefcase
Not bad
I work in ems and have had pelican cases and seems like similar quality, I don't how waterproof.

View attachment 412033 There large one has a coupon for it now
30 for it. About the size of a briefcase
Not bad
I work in ems and have had pelican cases and seems like similar quality, I don't how waterproof.

I would worry less about how watertight it is - $8 ammo cans are water tight - I would look at the hinges on the lid and latches, which is usually where they go cheap. Fortunately a person can replace the hinge pins on most of these type of cases. Just make sure that the hinge on the back of the lid is strong. Some cheap copies use a piano hinge, which is okay, but is easier to break.

Newer Pelican cases have improvements and are still probably better than clones, but not 4 times better, and the clones are a good value. Every once in a while you can get a good deal on Pelican cases too - I got 3 Pelican 1650 cases for $100 off the retail price from Amazon once.

Pelicans and their clones are not bulletproof - I had a long case broken by Alaskan Air when I flew into Anchorange - they broke one of the reinforcements for a latch. But they are at least twice as good as something like a Plano

On the note of pelican and other type cases. Anyone know of a place that does custom foam?

I just bought the Apache 3800, (largest model, $39.99), for $30.00 with a 25% off coupon. This case compares in quality to the Pelican Case my Bushmaster BA-50 .50 BMG rifle came in, only smaller. Pelican Cases are way over priced in my opinion. I'll be buying more of these Apache Cases from Harbor Freight. Just watch for the 20% off coupons. If you get on their E-Mail list, you'll get one most every week.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top