JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

These look nice. Wife is making noises about flying out to see one of the kids. Last time I did I shipped a couple guns to myself and back. Wife wants to check her self through with some. I told her she needs a decent lockable case to do so. These look like they would be just fine.

These look nice. Wife is making noises about flying out to see one of the kids. Last time I did I shipped a couple guns to myself and back. Wife wants to check her self through with some. I told her she needs a decent lockable case to do so. These look like they would be just fine.

Be sure to check the interior dimensions. I got a couple and they are smaller than they look.

Be sure to check the interior dimensions. I got a couple and they are smaller than they look.

I got the 1170 and 1400

The 1400 is about the right size for a full sized pistol and a couple of mags. The 1170 is more for a compact or sub-compact. The both came with pick and pluck foam in the bottom.

Some of it depends on you orient the gun - I don't think the 1170 is deep enough to place the gun vertical. The 1400 might be.

Of course you might have different uses for these cases than guns.

Most of my handguns came in decent plastic cases, but those cases are usually not padded (interestingly, the ten year old Five Seven I just bought Friday came in a somewhat flimsy plastic case, but it has kaizen (more rigid and dense) foam in it which should keep it from being banged around. My much newer fancy dancy P227 Tacops came in a cardboard box with light density cheap foam - is SIG cutting corners or do they just figure that most people would put such a pistol in a Pelican case anyway?

I suppose a person could put a fairly thin layer of foam (or better yet, neoprene) inside the plastic case the pistol comes in to prevent or at least reduce wear from rubbing against the plastic.

The dimensions Harbor gives for the Apache 2800 and the 3800 are pretty close, but the ones for the 1800 are flat out wrong. The dimensions for the 1800 are very close to the Pelican 1150. I just posted a review on youtube that compares the Apache 1800 to the pelican cases.

Oh good... Post the results of you would be so kind :)
I just did a durability test with one of the Apache 1800 cases and a Pelican 1150 side by side. I am pretty sure that the 90 day warranty does not cover me running the case over at 20MPH with my 2008 Chevy 3/4 ton truck, but I should take in the pieces and see what they will do for me. I also did a 5/10 foot drop test with an egg in the cases and a water submersion test.

He didn't do any 20mph job on the Apache...

Actual the construction part of the video looks to show why the HF case collapsed at the back, less strengthening runs on the back. In the video, the back collapsed under weight as soon as it go to the back portion, the front and sides held it fine.

If they're stupid enough to place their weapons in the path of a vehicle, they've got no business owning one. I'm trying to ascertain just how one would go about doing something like that, "accidently". I'm sorry, but I can't.

There are humans involved.

One time, dood set case next to his truck, packed the rest of his stuff, forget about case until he backed over it. Second time was at a night match....dark, someone set their case in a bad spot, got run over. It's not like they were throwing their gun cases into oncoming traffic...:rolleyes:

There are humans involved. One time, dood set case next to his truck, packed the rest of his stuff, forget about case until he backed over it. Second time was at a night match....dark, someone set their case in a bad spot, got run over. It's not like they were throwing their gun cases into oncoming traffic.

It wouldn't have mattered if they did, the results would have been the same. I guess I'll have to file your post under the title of how, The dumbing down of America continues. Jesus.

It must be so amazing to be infallible. Please, teach us.

Stop. Just stop. No one is talking about being "infallible". I've been around the shooting sports for almost half a century. I have never seen, or ever heard of ANYONE driving over their guns "by accident" in that time. That has nothing to do with "infallibility". But rather applying common sense, along with paying attention. Two things that should automatically go with the handling of firearms. Call me crazy, but anyone who is absent minded enough to drive over their own weapon, is someone I certainly don't want to be around when they're handling one.

Billt, the fact you've not come across people like this, only speaks to the range of people you've met.

Carelessness and accidents happen, people are human, some of them stupider than others and actual genuine accidents do happen.
Whether or not you want to believe, it *is* irrelevant, it *has* happened (for whatever those reasons may be)

There are accidents. And then there are "accidents" that are totally preventable, involve only your actions, or lack thereof. And that only take place when there is total carelessness involved. Which is the case here. I'm sorry, but when someone is so totally and completely negligent and careless, they allow themselves to drive over their own weapon, I would not want to be around that same individual when they are handling one. There is no way I would put my personal safety in someone's hands who was that foolish and or careless.

You can make excuses for these people, if you so choose. But it doesn't change the fact they are void of common sense or responsibility. I could care less is they drive over their own guns out of carelessness. But I do care if someone of that careless nature is handling a weapon around me. It is the reason why I no longer go to indoor ranges. Too many careless idiots who don't pay attention to what they're doing. That's how people get dead around guns. And that I won't make excuses for. You're welcome to if it makes you feel better.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top