JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Note to anyone thinking of taking a H&R single shot receiver apart.

Dont!!!!

Damn all mighty putting the hammer spring back in is a PITA!

Worth doing it all myself. Turned out great. Shoots great. Fun gun for sure. Should turn heads wherever I take it and anyone that wants to try it will certainly smile, followed by a possible visit to a physical therapist for wrist issues!

View attachment 647419
Which choke are you running in it:)

Definitely do it again as is, I wanted the barrel as short as feasible, the forend is the only thing hindering it going shorter. It could technically go shorter if I got a smith involved, by relocating the forend nut that is welded onto the barrel. If that got moved back, I could trim the forend even more, then I'd have submitted for even shorter.

At 8-10" this would be better if it had a stock. Which I can still technically do if I want to as it's a registered SBS. Though at 7.5" my barrel might be better suited for one handed volley fire type shooting. Which is exactly what I wanted.

I put a few rounds through it via "hip firing". I put my thumb over the barrel and gripped everything very tightly. As is, it's better to be shot one handed with an extended arm.
Yeah the forend nut is kind of a bummer in location and a limiting factor. I am planning on minishells only if I cut the stock down like yours, which I kinda think I might. My grip shape would likely be slightly different.

That is one thing good about it being an SBS; if for some reason you ever get a bug in your bonnet to add a stock or a different length barrel, good to go. IIRC, parts for those scatterguns are plentiful. :)

That is one thing good about it being an SBS; if for some reason you ever get a bug in your bonnet to add a stock or a different length barrel, good to go. IIRC, parts for those scatterguns are plentiful. :)
I know. I was looking at the survival stock like I had on the last one. Curious if the barrel and forend can be made to fit inside it.

4DC1C7F9-EC32-4760-A544-8696FF6987DA.jpeg

Bought a stock for it. Put it on, immediately took it off. Hideous. Functional, but just darn ugly.

So now I'm on the hunt for a Stoeger double defense to SBS, but keep the stock.

I'm kind of sick.

1581477545385.jpeg
But with the barrels right up to the forend. Maybe an Eotech on top! :cool: