JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A 1988 military movie set in Afghanistan during the Soviet occupation. Very dramatic plot and good acting. It is always interesting to see Soviet equipment also.

Wikipedia has a page but it discloses the entire storyline.

I saw the thread title and thought "hell yeah I've seen the beast. Woke up next to her most of our marriage. " :eek:

I saw it a year or so (?) ago on my free OTA (Over the air.) boob tube station. Movies TV or Grit TV - I can't remember which station that it was on.

It may even be on You Tube for free too.

I really never remembered THE BEAST movie until it was on the boob tube.

The Beast of War (1988) - IMDb

I do not even remember seeing it with my late husband on the boob tube or 'renting it' YEARS AGO even though WE discussed the WAR over there at the time. When the USA was funding the 'freedom fighters' and OBL fighting the Russians and, later on, well... I will not go there.

Side note:

There is a movie that I would like to see again. I believe that it was French made and the rental place here in my town that had it IN STOCK closed up unfortunately.

JOYEUX NOEL

Joyeux Noel (2005) - IMDb

Joyeux Noël - Wikipedia
^^^
Spoiler story.

I will have to see if they ever put the entire thing on You Tube.

Cate

The Beast is an excellent movie. The idea of this entire village chasing this tank across the desert for revenge is brilliant. In some ways its almost surreal.
Its exciting and a great insight as to why NO ONE will ever conquer Afghanistan.
"Driver! Forward!"

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads