JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been looking at trying this place since it opened but have yet to go since I like shooting real guns. I have heard they add CO2 to the guns to make it feel more real. Anyone try and recommend paying the pretty big chunk to go do it?
Sure looks fun.

I'm a member at The Place to Shoot but have not seen any such training facilities. They only have a live fire range. Could you mean Threat Dynamics by chance? they have the training facilities with surround video screens for simulation shooting.

I'm a member at The Place to Shoot but have not seen any such training facilities. They only have a live fire range. Could you mean Threat Dynamics by chance? they have the training facilities with surround video screens for simulation shooting.

Wow...yes that is what I mean. I googled it quickly after being told about it by a non gun owner and wanted to get the opinion of people that know how a real gun shoots/aims and if it is decently realistic.

Yeah I heard it was pretty "realistic". I just wanted to verify that by people who know what a realistic shooting experience means. Glad to know you have heard the same. I will try it and find out I suppose.

I did a basic shooting course at TD when they were still in Tualatin, it was a 1 hour class and the first half was spent going over trigger pull, grip, stance, etc. The "live fire" portion was done on a screen with a Glock that used a cO2 cartridge to rack the slide after each trigger pull. It was a very good experience, but I would rather spend my money on live ammo and training with my own weapons. The simulator is very advanced, just not for me.

A buddy and I took advantage of the Groupon discount and we had a blast. The weight and feel of the CO2 modified Glocks was very good and we went thru a variety of simulations. IMHO it is great training for teaching situational awareness.

Hey 40cal you make it down there? Curious to hear about your experience sounds like a fun time if nothing else...

No not yet...I a sick daughter made the day a little harder to navigate than I expected. I was able to get to fishermans for a brief minute which paid off with a brick of federal target grade .22lr.
Happy to get a little but was not exactly the "excitement" I was looking forward to!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top