Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Anyone seen or played with these yet? Or whats your favorite .22 replica

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by NWGunner, Sep 2, 2011.

1. NWGunner

NWGunner Salem Active Member

Austrian Sporting Arms ISSC M211000 MK22 RFL 22LR 16 22RD

I am a huge rimfire fan and love shooting and teaching on .22 rifles. Now I know some of these .22s are cheesy and some damn near dont wanna function correctly at times but hey I still love them. This one looks great! I want a faux ACR and am not into the airsoft realm so this looked great! Any feedback on it? Closest I was gonna do to the Bushmaster is the Sparta kit for my Mini-14. Until I saved my pennies for a real ACR or SCAR but thats another post...:) So lets see your .22 replicas of other guns and input on them or info and pics of this Austrian Sporting Arms ISSC if available. Someone talk me into buying some more fun .22 replicas please, or talk me out of it. :laugh:

2. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

I remember seeing those at the gun show last year or so.

It was fairy light weight wise. But I didn't care for 22LR replicas, so I moved on. ;)

3. NWGunner

If you have a Brady bunch full of kids you know .22 replicas come in handy for teaching them to handle the big boy stuff as I call it...:) So from what you saw was it built right? Or was it built for looks? Lightweight is to be expected on a .22 replica but quality can't be taken lightly :) So what was your opinion on how it was built/how it will stand up to lots of firing?

4. wayoutwest

wayoutwest Polk County, Oregon Active Member

5. NWGunner

6. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

I've been tempted by the Umarex MP5's but sometimes I like the old school Henry's as well.

7. NWGunner

Any reason you've never decided to get a Umarex?

8. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

I had an ATI GSG MP5K pistol and was having great fun with it until my range started enforcing its no rapid fire rule... :( Sold it shortly after as that was kind of the whole point of having it.

Tempted by the Umarex carbines as I could actually aim and maybe do some slow fire plinking of dirt clods, plastic bottles, etc... :)

I just love the look of the MP5 style carbines and PDW's.

9. NWGunner

Ditto! Plus H&K's period are just hott!!!

10. das_napeth

das_napeth Snohomish, WA Member

I've only got a Sig 522 which is an earlier model since it has a " black bolt". I like it a lot but my problem is it doesn't have a true last shot bolt hold open. Accuracy and reliability are top notch.

IMAG0058.jpg

IMAG0057.jpg

11. NWGunner

Your Sig looks SWEET! Plus I've heard those 522's are wonderful rifles! But yours has set the bar as far as I'm concerned!