JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am!

Thought I would ask since there was a bunch of folks on there that played MW2. Just got it yesterday and I can say it is a lot of fun, but man it's a bit harder than MW2! There is so much more going on with all the tanks, 4-wheelers and helicopters you can command. Plus they really make you work before you can have any sort of optics on your gun. If you have friends to play with it makes for great squad/team member fun. It's nice to roll through the maps with a medic, assault and engineer to cover your back while you're taking points.

Hope to get more time on it tonight :s0155:

oooh, didnt know this was out there. I am still working on MW2, but actually like the original a bit better.

I may have to give this one a try...I like the use of vehicles, something I really liked when I used to play battlefield on pc.

I'm not sure if it's 'better' than MW2, but different...a welcome change for me. I LOVE MW2, been playing the snot out of it with my buddies for the last few months (i've put 85 hours into the multiplayer alone!). But Bad Company 2 has a more open feel to it with the maps and relies more heavily on teamwork, you can definitely go at it alone, but if you want to succeed it's better to play together.

Aiming and shooting is definitely a bit more difficult, you can't run and gun as well. What is very cool is the ability to jump in and drive, steer, fly anything. Also I love the damage that buildings and cover can take. So if you see a sniper up in the window, you can attach your grenade launcher and blast away a chunk of the wall exposing him and possibly killing him.

There doesn't seem to be as many choke points on the map like MW2 and so far there is way less of this "let's run as fast as we can to the first corner that the 2 teams meet at and wait" like MW2. That's b/c there are about 5 different ways (ore really endless ways) you could meet up in a match, and if you know your enemy is hiding around that corner, you can blast him taking out the edge of the building.

It's way cool and already tonight on my 2nd night I feel like I have better control and feel of the game.

I would say hands down it's better then MW2. Especially the single player mode. Much more "realistic", if you shoot someone in the head guess what they die. In MW2 you have to hit them 2 to 3 times with an assault rifle before they drop. Sounds are amazing, very realistic they got those down pat. In MW2 the single player was more about throwing as many rounds down range and just run through your objectives. BC2 is a much better pace. I would like to see more game types in multiplayer including split screen offline. That would be it's only downfall. I loved MW2 but this game is in a league of its own. Best console shooter to date :s0155:

Still playing MW2.

I have a hard time playing games because I use "Legacy" controls and a lot of the newer games don't have that option. I can't switch to the default controls because it's like asking somebody to write with their opposite hand quickly and take notes.

I'm considering modifying a controller so it's always in legacy controls but using the 'default' controls on the console.

You'll find me on xbl via: Dyjital D3

picked it up yesterday. Is it better than MWF2? I'm not sure, but it's a nice change and a little different tactical approach. Graphics are great and I enjoy it so far. I have a feeling it's one of those games, the more you play it, the more you love it.

Not yet, but I will here in a bit. I stopped playing PC games when I developed tendonitis in my arms a few years ago. I decided then that I wouldn't push a mouse/keyboard anymore unless I was getting paid to do so. I am feeling better now and got a routine that keeps the tendonitis at bay so I want to start to play again.

I was really big into battlefield 1942--I was even in a competitive clan for a while. I loved the gameplay of the Battlefield series and I hope the latest edition lives up to it as well.

I was really into BF 1942, and BF2 I even played some Vietnam on the computer too. I made the switch to 360 when I got sick of always upgrading my computer and I bought a 42" plasma and had a comfy couch to sit on instead of my computer chair. Some of my hardcore gamer friends were irked but they have now seen in our old age (early 30's) that a big tv and couch is much better on the ol' bones. I do miss having all the keys at my finger's disposal to do all the functions.

Compared to the earlier versions I feel that this is more complex...for better or worse. It definitely makes thinks more balanced. I remember dominating with tanks in the previous versions, now it seems I can only last in the tank for a short while before an Apache comes in and eats me for breakfast or an engineer plants some C4 on my backside and blows me away.

@Dyjital I'm not sure about the legacy controls or not. I do agree it becomes frustrating at times when I have to re-learn controls for a game but usually it doesn't take long.

And just a heads up for everyone that is playing. If you have the 1911 unlocked as your sidearm, USE IT. I kept going into rooms with my machine guns blazing only to be shot dead by someone holding a pistol. Frustrating yes, true to real life, probably not but nearly every game has weapon or perk that is a bit overpowered (I'm looking at you 1887's) and IMO it is the 1911. Hopefully that will change as stronger and more accurate weapons are unlocked. I figure, if everyone else is using it, heck might as well. Sure enough I blasted away 2 guys in 1 second the first time I used it.
Just a friendly piece of gaming advice :)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top