JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've always had a thing for European / International / Full stocks. The stocks make a rifle look like a piece of art, not some Lego adapter block. Sure as I've said that someone is going to pull out a Tapco'ed SMLE.....

Here is mine, a CZ 550 International in 30-06

nYkW9nm.jpg

On bolt action style rifles or other rifles that I plan to use without a Plate carrier I like the full length stocks. Rifles that I intend to play with / use with a Plate carrier I prefer collapsible stocks because I can adjust the LOP to fit my torso girth at that time depending on the gear I am wearing.

Cracks me up... my brother in law spent $200 dollars on the fancy Magpul fixed stock for his AR10, but how he uses it is exactly like he would have used a carbine stock.... there are lessons to learn at every stage of life.

Yep. Like them a bunch. Here's a Ruger in .275 Rigby.:cool:
P1040502.jpg

And a 10/22 International.
P1030120_zpsnjwmr1uu.jpg

The irony...I think full length stocks are gorgeous. So much so they never leave the safe, and I hunt with my crummies with plastic stocks. Therefore...Since I can't take them with me, (some day), most of my full length stocked rifles have been sold.:(

Last Edited:
I have two 10/22 Internationals - one maple, one laminated (the latter seems heavier).

I've always wanted a Steyr Luxus with the spiral hammer forged barrel and Mannlicher stock. I don't think they make the Luxus with that stock anymore. They seem to have gone to a different action - I forget the name of it, the one with the straight pull bolt and interchangeable barrels?

I have two 10/22 Internationals - one maple, one laminated (the latter seems heavier).

I've always wanted a Steyr Luxus with the spiral hammer forged barrel and Mannlicher stock. I don't think they make the Luxus with that stock anymore. They seem to have gone to a different action - I forget the name of it, the one with the straight pull bolt and interchangeable barrels?
That is what mine is.......the barrel is like a jewel but difficult to photograph without a light tent.

Well, I was always a class clown so here goes... I'm not much for full length Manlicker stocks but those Cunner Lingus gun socks are sure great for St. Paddies day!!

Some of my best memories from Germany was being out Chamois hunting with an old Jaeger. He didn't speak a word of English, wore a traditional hat with a large boar's brush sterling mounted pin and a large forest green wool cape, lederhosen that tied below the knee, long wool over the calf socks, short hiking boots and a traditional German hiking staff covered with Volksmarch and hunting medals . He carried a 1903 Steyr manlicher full stock carbine in 6.5X54 with set triggers and a large Kahles Austrian scope. It was slung muzzle down under his cape and there was absolutely no hint he was armed. At the appropriate moment, the rifle would appear as if out of nowhere and a roe deer was down. We didn't find any chamois that day but did listen to the call of a Auerhahn (large German grouse) that is a tremendous German hunting tradition. We were at the base of the Alps near the Black Forest. It was one of my greatest days in the field ever.

Last Edited:
I like full length stocks on military surplus rifles, but on other rifles I prefer the stock to not go all the way towards the muzzle. Still prefer wood over synthetic for looks (too bad they can't make a synthetic stock that looks like wood <|:•( )

On bolt action style rifles or other rifles that I plan to use without a Plate carrier I like the full length stocks. Rifles that I intend to play with / use with a Plate carrier I prefer collapsible stocks because I can adjust the LOP to fit my torso girth at that time depending on the gear I am wearing.

Cracks me up... my brother in law spent $200 dollars on the fancy Magpul fixed stock for his AR10, but how he uses it is exactly like he would have used a carbine stock.... there are lessons to learn at every stage of life.
I don't use adjustable stocks and I can still run carbines... But the only carbine I have is a bullpup anyways, since the AK isn't called a carbine. o_O

I like full length stocks on military surplus rifles, but on other rifles I prefer the stock to not go all the way towards the muzzle. Still prefer wood over synthetic for looks (too bad they can't make a synthetic stock that looks like wood <|:•( )

I don't use adjustable stocks and I can still run carbines... But the only carbine I have is a bullpup anyways, since the AK isn't called a carbine. o_O

Love bullpups myself. I tend to find I like a short LOP on AR's and AK's compared to many others who I see typically pulling the telescoping stock all the way back.

Have a Ruger with a Mannlicher stock in .243. A Weaver 4 power sits on top. I've had it to the range, a real good shooter, and have yet to decide if it'll go on a deer hunt. Almost as pretty as my wife.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top