JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey I'm new to this forum. I'm trying to find out where I can buy a lot of 12 guage trap shells. My buddy's and I are trying to get into trap shooting regularly but it's so hard to find ammo. Does anyone know anywhere that sells trap load for reasonably cheap and in bulk? Thanks

It was one of the last things to dry up, but I'm afraid it is also gone the ways of all ammo.

Best bulk ammo store online that I know of is SGAmmo.

Most stores are limiting all ammo now.

People may laugh at you , but these 12g shorties by challenger work alright for backwoods clay shooting. https://www.targetsportsusa.com/12-gauge-shotgun-ammo-c-747.aspx
I had a few laying around and bought a few more the other day. In stock. Free shipping. It's a little spendy at 45 cents a shell or so, but it shoots and good for the neice and nephew too.

Our local store skagit arms has a lot of 12g reg loads for 7.99 and up. For qty25. 8.99 was the average

If you shoot a ton, def find a reload setup. Good luck -b

Haven't seen any in my local Walmart or any of the Bimarts. If they have any it's usually hunting loads. Haven't seen a 100 round box in months.
Interesting. I must be incredibly lucky. I was about to suggest Walmart because my last two trips they had hundred round boxes. Bought 2 each trip. Still only 22 bucks.

I bought five at Wal Mart, 100 rd boxes, Federal, 2 3/4 inch, 1200 fps, 1 1/8 oz, #8 shot, 3 dram eq. IIRC it was $20 a box in Yuma, AZ.

I got it home and found some locally for the same price. Oh well.

Though nowadays....they are a little harder to find on the shelf.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Interesting. I must be incredibly lucky. I was about to suggest Walmart because my last two trips they had hundred round boxes. Bought 2 each trip. Still only 22 bucks.
I'd have done the same had I seen them.

Your best bet is to try reloading, but even shot shell components are drying up. Mainly powder and primers, the powder makes sense due to common pistol loads but why everyone is buying up the 209 and cheddite primers is beyond me. Your next best bet is to check your trap club, some clubs sell shells and or components. Also your fellow members of the club are often your best resource, as it is common for members to get together to purchase a bulk quantity of shells. This how I obtained my last few flats. That being said I am on my last flat and no one at my club is finding more right now. :(:(:(

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top