JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It's a long shot I guess, but I thought I'd at least try here. You never know...

I've checked with Local 48, IEC, and some other job posting sites but haven't gotten anywhere. Local 48 isn't accepting applications until next summer. :(

Are there any other places I could check with? Or anyone know a self-employed journeyman that might need an apprentice? I would really appreciate any advice or suggestions. :s0155:

It's a long shot I guess, but I thought I'd at least try here. You never know...

I've checked with Local 48, IEC, and some other job posting sites but haven't gotten anywhere. Local 48 isn't accepting applications until next summer. :(

Are there any other places I could check with? Or anyone know a self-employed journeyman that might need an apprentice? I would really appreciate any advice or suggestions. :s0155:

This is an extreme longshot.

When I lived in Longview, WA. in the middle 90's

There was a tavern whose name I can't remember

Just a couple blocks south of the safeway on the main drag

Which was the clearinghouse for the IBEW gypsies.

But they sure as **** made good money.

At least in the Western states.

If anything, like Keith Richards and cockroaches,

The tav and the IBEW will still be there.

Good luck!

isher

I am a non union apprentice with the JATC. They will probably take apps this summer but I wouldn't recommend it. I know they took new apprentices last summer and only about 1/3rd of them are working. The apprentices as a whole are doing very badly and work is almost impossible to find. Most of us are really lucky when we can work 20hrs a week maybe 30hrs a week. Its a great job but a horrible time to get in. Sorry for the discomforting words but I am just telling it how it truely is. Also you wont be able to find a journeyman that needs an apprentice because its not legal for them to hire you unless you are part of the program.

Hang in there brother. It's rough now but it will clear up. I have been laid off for 4 months and no one is hiring anywhere, I have been checking everywhere, all the books are full of guys like us. IBEW 969

Want to move to Alaska?

I have a friend who is working up towards the Arctic Circle for public housing, he is a plumber; however, he told me that they need electricians.

Let me know and I can connect you to him for more details.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top