JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My brother has been using it for a while, I just applied for a trip I have to take in November. Sounds like it makes the process of getting through security at most airports much easier and faster (shoes stay on, belt stays on, no need to unpack laptops, etc. from your bag, shorter lines).

I've got to go in a few weeks and get my fingerprints done locally for this, should have the number before I fly in November.

Anyway for $85 for 5 years, sounds like a good deal.

Anyone have any negatives about this program they want to share? Other than being on another government list, that is.

I have been able to go through the pre check screening a couple of times just because I was lucky. It is quick and easy that is for sure. I don't fly enough to want to spend the money. That is about 10 boxes of ammo.

I don't fly frequently, but I hate the process, so anything that may help make it easier, is a bonus. I've got to go through O'Hare and definitely would like to speed the process. Even if I fly just 2-4 times in the next 5 years, I think it's worth it. I'd consider it worth $20 a round trip to spend 2 hours less standing in line.

I have never "applied" for anything. But my airlines tickets always say TSA PreCheck.

And up til recently, there seemed to be no benefit to me other than being in a shorter line. They still insisted on undressing me, swabbing me, and feeling me, and sometimes calling in reinforcements.

But now, all of a sudden, once I declare my metal knee, they take me aside, wand me, and I'm good to go.:D Quicker than ever.

I use it monthly. Sometimes weekly. It's a good thing. $85.00? That's cheap. I thought I paid like $250.00

But! Most small airports don't recognize it 20 hours of the day. And a lot of people Have it now. Longer lines.

This morning at five o clock there was a longer line in the pre check line than I waited in. I'd guess if you don't normally fly red eye flights it would be worth it.

I fly a LOT. (Delta Diamond/Million Miler) I haven't bothered paying for it but I used to get the precheck designation most of the time. I think Delta has changed policy and since I normally check firearms they seem to be treating me differently the last year or so. I find it not much more difficult to use the non Precheck line. Slip off shoes, remove computer and go. The hard part is watching novice flyers struggle getting through security because they are not prepared. Empty pockets into carryon bag, shoes off on scanner belt, computer in bin alone, toiletries packed in checked bag or out in a quart size ziplock (look up on TSA website). And PLEASE slide your bags/bins to the END of the belt/table or grab it and go to the benches away from the area once it exits the X-ray machine. Your fellow flyers will thank you!

I have it and it does get you through the line faster. You can still be selected at random for extra scrutiny. The only downside is that airline are able to grant PreCheck status to certain passengers. These passengers don't have a clue sometimes and they end up taking off their shoes and belts, etc. and it slows the line down. But I will renew when the time comes.

You want to get though the line fast don't carry anything on the plane just your phone wallet and glasses if you need them .
NO BACK PACK .NO LAB TOP .NO NOTHING HANDS EMPTY .
Nothing you do not need to have .pre check is a scam now everyone has it .just more money to a useless group of terrorist.
Lol every one who works for the TSA is from another country.
When they want to let someone on the plane to do harm they will do it .

You want to get though the line fast don't carry anything on the plane just your phone wallet and glasses if you need them .
NO BACK PACK .NO LAB TOP .NO NOTHING HANDS EMPTY .
Nothing you do not need to have .pre check is a scam now everyone has it .just more money to a useless group of terrorist.
Lol every one who works for the TSA is from another country.
When they want to let someone on the plane to do harm they will do it .

I have to carry on. I'm a type 1 diabetic and have to travel with insulin and supplies. I can't risk them in checked baggage. I also won't risk my work laptop in checked baggage. Just not an option for me.

I have to carry on. I'm a type 1 diabetic and have to travel with insulin and supplies. I can't risk them in checked baggage. I also won't risk my work laptop in checked baggage. Just not an option for me.
Well like I said if you don't need them there is no need for you to take it on the plane.
I take my phone wallet and glasses . that's it but I still get stuck waiting for some clown trying to put a huge bag in the over head compartments.

I use it monthly. Sometimes weekly. It's a good thing. $85.00? That's cheap. I thought I paid like $250.00

But! Most small airports don't recognize it 20 hours of the day. And a lot of people Have it now. Longer lines.
There is the TSA Pre-Check that is $85. You may have a Global version that costs more

I travel a lot for work but don't have Precheck. Usually just takes maybe a couple minutes longer -- if longer at all. Personally, I think it's a BS scam. But since you have decided to do it, for $15 more you can get Global Entry which gets you around customs lines if you ever fly internationally. But you have to do Global up front to get Precheck. You can't just pay 15 extra after the fact. It'll be the full $100.

I travel a lot for work but don't have Precheck. Usually just takes maybe a couple minutes longer -- if longer at all. Personally, I think it's a BS scam. But since you have decided to do it, for $15 more you can get Global Entry which gets you around customs lines if you ever fly internationally. But you have to do Global up front to get Precheck. You can't just pay 15 extra after the fact. It'll be the full $100.

I don't have any plans to fly international, if I did, it would be a great option. I've been out of country, several times, but only by boat - cruise ships.

I went for NEXUS. It's the expedited Canadian border pass but Pre-Check comes with it. I think I paid $50 for it. It was the cheapest choice to get Pre-Check. :)
I had to interview with a US Border Agent and then a Canadian Border Agent. The interviews could be done at either SEATAC (must book a couple months out) or at Blaine (weeks out). I chose to go to Blaine.
If you go to Canada, it really makes entry easier. The larger crossings have a line just for NEXUS. Before it used to take me about an hour to get thru the Blaine crossing. With NEXUS, I don't think I've spent more than 10 minutes. Saved me a lot of time crossing at Niagara Falls too.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top