JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
These guys have always had the best prices for me and can get most brands of tires: Portland OR Auto Repair & Tires Shop | Affordable Tire & Brake Co.

I recommend going to TireRack and using their customer ratings to find the tire that suits your needs. A good quality tire makes a big difference and will last what they say they will. House brand tires will generally suck. Not a fan of Schwabs house brand tires - they have never seemed to last very long.

You get what you pay for.

Took me a minute to remember these. I just traded in my Diesel VW as part of the buyback. I had 6 month old Pirelli Cinturato P7 205/55 R16's on it so I swapped them off for the old worn out tires before I traded it in. They probably have about 5000 miles use on them.

If these will fit your car then I can make a good deal for you. These were one of the highest rated tires on TireRack with a really good mileage rating. I think they cost just over $400 when I bought them.

Let me know if you are interested - I'll make it worth your while.

Glad you went with America's tire, Joe. If you get the care one card they have special rebates that you can actually track and submit online as well as special no interest for a number of months kind of deals. I've tried to give Leslie Schwab a few chances but they always made me feel stupid for even considering them. "Doing the right thing"? Yeah right. I had a flat once with a nail and Schwab asked me for $30 to fix it. America's tires will do it for free regardless of where you got your tires. Now that's really doing the right thing and what initially made me a loyal customer. When I was younger, I had a lug nut break off and asked Schwab if they had a spare or an extra one to sell for cheap. The installer found one but the counter guy wouldn't give it to me and said I had to buy a whole set new for $40. This was when I was broke college student. I took my chances and went home without the lug nut. America's tires? Well, one time they noticed I had the wrong lug nuts and replaced them all for free with the correct ones because they wanted me to be safe. So anyway, yeah, you made an excellent choice.

Took me a minute to remember these. I just traded in my Diesel VW as part of the buyback. I had 6 month old Pirelli Cinturato P7 205/55 R16's on it so I swapped them off for the old worn out tires before I traded it in. They probably have about 5000 miles use on them.

If these will fit your car then I can make a good deal for you. These were one of the highest rated tires on TireRack with a really good mileage rating. I think they cost just over $400 when I bought them.

Let me know if you are interested - I'll make it worth your while.

I appreaciate the offer a lot for sure but it would be nice to have the Warrenty with the tires from the store.

A fresh alignment (front AND rear) when installing new tires will usually add significant miles to your tread wear. Frequent rotation is big, too, on any brand car/truck. I've seen/heard reports of Minis getting only 20k from un-rotated tires and 30k+ from the same tires when rotated frequently.

I might pay a bit more, but Les Schwab has been solid for me. When I buy used cars and trucks with other brands of tires, they do my puncture repairs and rotations for free (perhaps because they see I'm a regular paying customer when they look up my name).

They've also helped me out with sidewall punctures that will kill a tire dead. On many AWD vehicles (including the 4 Outbacks I've driven), you can't just put a brand new tire on with 3 worn tires lest you damage the differentials. Since I use very common tires, Les Schwab stores have phoned around and located slightly used Toyos at their other shops with about the same remaining tread depth as my 3 un-damaged tires. They've done this for me twice, for free, saving me the expense of buying 4 new skins (or 8 if you're counting).

I'm cool with Les Schwab.

Picked up a set of 65,000 mile Falcons for $350.

They warrentied my old tires and bumped me up from 40k to 65k tires for $50.

Was very happy with the customer service!

Discount Tires did a great job. I'll stick with them for future tire needs;)

There's a guy on Portland Craigslist selling brand new take offs from a Mercedes Sprinter Van.
Too bad they're not the size you're looking for, cause it's a heck of a deal for 5 brand new 10 ply truck tires.

"I have a complete set of tires, fresh off of a Mercedes Sprinter van. They are basically new, heres the stats...

5 x Continental, Vanco Four Season LT245/75R16

$75/tire or $350 for the set"

00T0T_4oLDGbphp6N_600x450.jpg

00d0d_1RCArbFkhEH_600x450.jpg

Last Edited:
I went to have my tires rotated and balanced at Costco yesterday and was told that I need a full set of new tires based on the tread left.

Costco has been the cheapest I have found for tires - although for some reason 75k miles tires only last me 50k - I have a Hyundai Sonata, not a sports car by any means....

Just thought I'd ask in here and see if anyone knew of a better place to get a set of 4 medium grade tires - I don't need 140mph rated tires on a car that rarely goes over 70.

Y'all are the best!!!

PM's are fine if you don't want to advertise to the world;)
I use Les Schwab. Their tires are a little on the spendy side but if you have a nail in your tire or have another issue with the tire they will replace it for free or give you your money back. Great customer service.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top