JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I went to have my tires rotated and balanced at Costco yesterday and was told that I need a full set of new tires based on the tread left.

Costco has been the cheapest I have found for tires - although for some reason 75k miles tires only last me 50k - I have a Hyundai Sonata, not a sports car by any means....

Just thought I'd ask in here and see if anyone knew of a better place to get a set of 4 medium grade tires - I don't need 140mph rated tires on a car that rarely goes over 70.

Y'all are the best!!!

PM's are fine if you don't want to advertise to the world;)

Aloha Used Tire. Dont let the name fool you they sell brand new as well. Great prices. Lots of options when I bought a set last time. Just beware English is not the proprietor's first language so the accent can be tad hard to understand at times. His wife (I think its his wife) is easier to understand. They are "in the book" so should be no probs finding their number.

Last time I needed a couple of tires for my work van I went all over asking prices & I still beat everyone by ordering from <broken link removed>. I even wound up paying $85 to ship the tires out and still wound up saving $$$

I've purchased tires from Summit Racing and saved $170 after paying someone local to mount and balance. Then Summit sent me a Visa prepaid card worth $70. I only purchase tires online shopping for the best deal.

+1 americas tire. you can haggle with them. i went from $2800 un installed to $2000 installed for my f150 on 36s.

i was gonna install them my self at work to save a few bucks but, dismounting, mounting, balancing and installing a 36" tire with a 20" wheel 4 times SUCKS!

they did a good job

America's Discount Tire has done okay for me. They gave me a pretty good discount on a replacement set of tires because the previous set I bought from them did not last as long as their warranty had them rated, but it was really due to the alignment.

I also go to Schwab's sometimes. They did alignments for me for $100 - most other shops can't do alignments.

It is not a bad idea to get an alignment when getting new tires. I did that for both my Bimmers and they both needed it. They both had at least one tire that had worn out on the inside while the rest of the tire looked fine.

America's Discount Tire has done okay for me. They gave me a pretty good discount on a replacement set of tires because the previous set I bought from them did not last as long as their warranty had them rated, but it was really due to the alignment.

I also go to Schwab's sometimes. They did alignments for me for $100 - most other shops can't do alignments.

It is not a bad idea to get an alignment when getting new tires. I did that for both my Bimmers and they both needed it. They both had at least one tire that had worn out on the inside while the rest of the tire looked fine.

I know a small mechanic that has done work for me at super rates and he can do an alignment for me.

Great point and something I had not factored into the cost. Might have to wait a couple weeks till I can do it though.

$294 vs Costco @ $596.

That's taking it from not doing it to the realm of possible - thanks guys!
+3, I got Yokohama's at Costco and some other high end tires at Les Schwab.. they both didn't come close to advertised mileage.
Went to America's and they upgraded me for free as they didn't have the exact tire they had on sale for my rig. They are lasting like a mofo and at a very reasonable price.. very happy

+3, I got Yokohama's at Costco and some other high end tires at Les Schwab.. they both didn't come close to advertised mileage.
Went to America's and they upgraded me for free as they didn't have the exact tire they had on sale for my rig. They are lasting like a mofo and at a very reasonable price.. very happy

I've made arrangements to go Monday and get a set put on the car:cool:.

This place is better then google:D

Y'all are awesome!

I buy my tires at America's/Discount as well. They have good prices on name brand tires and their service is really good IMHO.

I like Cooper Tires. They make them in the USA.
The last a long time, but there's always a trade off, as they are made out of really hard rubber and that doesn't make for very good traction on ice.

When I said they will beat Costco prices, I mean they will beat anyone's price. Even online prices if you can find a good price on shipping. When I bought my last set of truck tires, I found a deal on line. Killer price, free shipping, plus gift card. American tires still beat it. I just had to show proof of the ad.
They will lose money on the deal if it means they gain a customer.

Great info here, thanks!

...depending on the situation, and I DO NOT recommend this for Joe at this time: Craigslist.

Takes some looking, but can usually find specific tires. Sometimes mounted, sometimes not. I'm still kicking myself over not buying up a guys full set of unmounted tires as spares for my truck before I left Mass. I was concerned I might not have had room to take them with, but I could have had a second full matching set for $400 (1/4 the going price). Full tread.

I only bought one to have as a matching spare. Ended up I would have had room to take them...oh well.

The reason I don't recommend this for Joe at this time, is risk. It's too much of an unknown for the buyer.

Once he's situated & working, then mayhaps consider keeping an eye on the want ads for future replacements. Mounted studded snows are a huge savings on the want ads, and will usually start listing heavily over the summer.

Also depends upon having storage space, and how long you plan on keeping the vehicle...

Les Schwabs will do the mounted tire swap (summer->winter->summer) for free. Never heard of such a thing back East!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top