JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was at a wedding in Oregon directly south of the mountain when it blew.
I am not worried about St. Helen blowing again, but I am concerned about the south side of Mt. Hood. The ground there has been moving for the last 20 years or so. When it finally does decide to erupt, I figure most of Warm springs will be gone or under ash, and it will likely take Bend off the map as well.

I was at a wedding in Oregon directly south of the mountain when it blew.
I am not worried about St. Helen blowing again, but I am concerned about the south side of Mt. Hood. The ground there has been moving for the last 20 years or so. When it finally does decide to erupt, I figure most of Warm springs will be gone or under ash, and it will likely take Bend off the map as well.
Hood doesn't really erupt like most of the stratovolcanoes of typical to the PNW though. It's eruptions are typically less violent and usually consist of pyrochlastic and lava flows. If the North face goes, Hood River is toast. If Crater Rock/South face goes Welches, Wemme, Wildwood, and possibly Pine Hollow and Tygh Valley are gone. Portland will really only see ash and issues with transportation.

People for some reason built towns on top of lava flows. Same deal up in Tacoma area from Rainier. When Rainier goes you'll see lahar flows (crazy rushing super heated mud rivers of death) resulting, which means Randle, Puyallup, Tacoma, and Olympia are all going to have massive destruction.

History Channel did a Mega Disasters episode this year about Rainier.

Last Edited:
If anything, my money is on St. Helens possibly doing some "dome building". It would be a slow eruption...nothing explosive like 1981. However, saying that, it is possible that some locations will be destroyed by the ensuing lava flow(s), but people will likely have plenty of time to evacuate.

It could be destructive, but probably not deadly.

"Anyone feel uneasy about Mount St. Helens?"
-Why, Is she wanting to use the boy's bathroom?
Don't worry, 'cuz ever since the last eruption...
...she no longer peaks.

There's little anyone can do to mitigate the effects of an active volcano's eruption on your family and you...
...other than beating everyone else to somewhere else, before it blows.

Last Edited:
So the last time that big mountain blew it's top, in 1980 they said St. Helen's is brewing up some activity. I just lived through the 9.0 Earthquake and Tsunami in Japan. This region of the Ring Of Fire is the only section (including that fault line under Seattle) that's way overdue for a big one. If that were to happen, it would economically cripple the whole state and it's neighbors. I can't image the calamity that would ensue after that. And that ash would head this way. There's still ash all over Central and Eastern WA from 35 years ago. I gotta bad feeling. Call me weird. It's that Japanese Women's intuition. I knew something was off the day of that 9.0 quake. I have been able to experience things only mostly women can do. I'm not a psychic. I don't play into that stuff. I am capable, but that's playing with evil. I always tell people I will not involve myself in that. https://www.openbible.info/topics/volcanoes_in_endtimes
So what's left to blow up? It's already a thousand feet shorter.

Oh Harry Truman your spirit lake is gone but Oh Harry Turuuman you're spirit will live on and on.

Well I don't know where Ima gonna go if the va can no blow.

I am more afraid of cancer than mount st helens.
I am more afraid of a getting hit by a drunk driver than mt st helens
I am more afraid of a hearth disease than mt st helens
Actually I am not really not afraid of any of those things because I can't control any of them. We are all gonna die some day. We should all be grateful for the days we have lived because many don't make it this far.
We lived through the last eruption. There are disasters all across the world many die many loose their homes but life goes on.

What I am afraid of more than anything is hillary for President :eek:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top