JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've thought about going 100% Grid Free Solar, but the cost is way up there...Over $60,000 even with incentives.

However, the materials can be purchased for just under $12,000!!

Has anybody done a DIY Solar install and if you have...

What equipment did you buy and what size system did you opt for?

I really want to stop sending the power company over $100 a month for electricity!! :mad:

12,000.00 / 100.00 = 10 years to break even. on the material cost. Add another 5 years for labor and maintaince. And in 15 years about the time the gear is worn out you can start over. Most likely cheaper and newer tech by then.

12,000.00 / 100.00 = 10 years to break even. on the material cost. Add another 5 years for labor and maintaince. And in 15 years about the time the gear is worn out you can start over. Most likely cheaper and newer tech by then.

I looked into it myself and pretty much came out with the same thoughts. Its more of a feel good being green thing then actually saving money.

Just thinking os SHTF and total self reliance...If TEOTWAWKI doesn't happen in 10 to 15 years then I can count it as experience. If it does and the system remains undamaged, then I have something to defend! :D

I like the idea of HW hydronics!!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads