JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi, I am a new shooter and I am looking for someone in Portland/Vancouver area who is a member of Tri-County Gun CLub in Sherwood. I am thinking of joining but I like to see the club first. I was hoping to be able to go there as a guest. They don't seem to answer their phone and I have no real idea on how to join. I know they have some orientation but I am not sure when their next orientation in June will be.

I am a newbie and looking for someone who can help teach me some basics of shooting and cleaning and lubing my guns. I have done the basics before but I have not memorized it and still have trouble doing it with my rifles especially. If anyone is up to helping out a new guy and can help me see the Tri-County gun club as a guest I would really appreciate it.

Hi, I am a new shooter and I am looking for someone in Portland/Vancouver area who is a member of Tri-County Gun CLub in Sherwood. I am thinking of joining but I like to see the club first. I was hoping to be able to go there as a guest. They don't seem to answer their phone and I have no real idea on how to join. I know they have some orientation but I am not sure when their next orientation in June will be.

I am a newbie and looking for someone who can help teach me some basics of shooting and cleaning and lubing my guns. I have done the basics before but I have not memorized it and still have trouble doing it with my rifles especially. If anyone is up to helping out a new guy and can help me see the Tri-County gun club as a guest I would really appreciate it.

I can't help with Tri County. I'm actually looking at them also.
But if you go on Line and search for GUN CLEANING videos you can find dozens of good videos that will show you how to clean and lube them properly.

Check out their website! Here's the page that has information about new/propective members: <broken link removed>
They have a new member calendar change starting in July. For June you should try and attend a New Member meeting on the 10th of June at 6:30 PM. You aso need to be an NRA member to join. I think you can sign up for the NRA membership at the same time you join the club....but I'm not certain.
It's a great club....not many like it that I know of anymore....and there are plenty of old-timers who can teach you about the care and maintenance of your guns. As the above poster mentioned, there are tons of gun cleaning videos on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=gun+cleaning&aq=f
Some of the Brownell's videos are particualarly well done.
the US Army's Marksmanship Unit (USAMU) has a decent website that has a link to the basic of competitive and accurate shooting.http://www.usaac.army.mil/amu//
Good luck!
Cheers,
Jorge

I wrote a email and got a response, showed up on a Sunday, took a tour
and plan on joining. Copy of email below.

If you come out to the club on Sundays between 11am and 3pm, when the Range Safety Officer has some free time he will take you on a tour of the facility. If your wife wants to have her own gate card so she can come to the range on her own she would pay $35 extra, otherwise you would pay a single initiation fee plus the yearly dues and she could go to the range and shoot with you as your guest, no additional charge.

TCGC Info Line

On Fri May 15 17:28 , [email protected] sent

Im a member, best gun related money I ever spent! If youd like to go as a guest send me a pm and we'll figure out a time to go. I usually go in the evenings when its cooler out. They also have a website or you can go on sunday mornings and the range officer will show you around.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top