JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My opinion is we are all consumers of Anti 2a companies wether we like it or not, but something to consider:

Seek outside make some awesome gear. Their Cimarron hot tent was by far one of the best upgrades to my camp gear ever. I do try and choose companies that support my values, But I'm not going to completely discount companies that build the best gear because they talked to somebody who didn't hold my views or they don't hold some of my views themselves. Tons of yuppie granola eater companies that don't like guns that make good gear. If we write off everybody who doesn't hold exactly our views or at one time in their life said something we don't agree with were no better than them.

I try to vote with my wallet but I am sure some of my expenditures have gone to anti 2a companies, which is unfortunate. When I have compelling proof of a companies anti 2a agenda, I will spend my money elsewhere. I have never heard of "seek outside" and they could have the best gear ever, but I will never find out as they are on my do not buy list now.

I was following that thread too. I use a dyneema cimarron and stove from them, as well as a hunting pack. They make great gear but I was bummed to see the owners political leanings via that thread. I don't plan to continue supporting them, tho I don't exactly need anything else from them anyway

I was following that thread too. I use a dyneema cimarron and stove from them, as well as a hunting pack. They make great gear but I was bummed to see the owners political leanings via that thread. I don't plan to continue supporting them, tho I don't exactly need anything else from them anyway
I don't buy that kind of stuff. But does that company really make the gear? Or do they just have it all made in China, or some other crap-hole place where a days pay is $1.00?

Never heard of seek outside fwiw. Is that one if those "glamping" companies?
It's top end ultra light gear that's pretty durable. My tent, tent stakes, tent pole and titanium wood stove weigh just over 6 pounds And packs down to about the same size as a hoodie sweatshirt and that gives me a tent that's 10 feet across the base tall enough to stand up in to change clothes. You can add a little over another pound if you want to take the half nest that's a bug screen and water proof floor.

Last Edited:
I don't buy that kind of stuff. But does that company really make the gear? Or do they just have it all made in China, or some other crap-hole place where a days pay is $1.00?
I don't know where they source their Silnylon or dynema but they are made in the USA my buddies been using their tents for decades and has almost there full lineup . He Has sent his in for additional stove jacks, some custom zippers and vents he's wanted over the years and their customer service has been great although it does take a few weeks to get your gear back.

Unless you do backpack hunting, particularly in foul weather i doubt many would have even heard of them. Yes they make/sew their gear in Colorado. And until very recently 100% of the materials and fabrics were also sourced here too. They now have some new fancy material for the packs that they use instead of xpac that is only available overseas tho

By the way, wife and i were just in hells canyon and our seek outside cimarron literally withstood gale force winds and we were able to make it through the night staying warm with the titanium wood stove. My tent and stove weigh less than 3lbs all together too since the tent is dyneema. Their gear is solid and I won't be selling mine. I will be looking elsewhere for future purchases tho

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top