JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had one and It was finicky on ammo. Couldn't shoot reloads through it. Very tight and well machined gun with a good trigger. I got rid of it because it was a tank. I have fullsize 1911s that weigh less.

Never tore it down to inspect it other than separating the slide from the frame. I didn't really like the safety on it as it put a dent in the primer everytime the safety was engaged.

As far as how it shot it wasn't to bad. It was so heavy that recoil wasn't a issue at all. Trigger was a nice smooth and steady pull. Accuracy sucked. Couldn't hit a small target 20 feet in front of me.

I shoot one all the time had it for a couple of years now. I shoots reloads, hollow point and never had one jam. I think it is a very accurate. It took me awhile to get use to the trigger. I don't think I would want to carry one every day cause it's built like a tank.
I think they are a great pistol for the price.

I had & shot one. put a few hundred rounds through it.
i'm apparently no trigger snob* (for handguns anyway), so didn't mind it at all.
my biggest gripe was its weight... really is built like a tank.

*not that being a "trigger snob" is at all a bad thing!

The baby eagles are def CZ clones from everything I have read. I had a 9mm that shot pretty well but as they are close to the same price best to stick with a real CZ. I have never had one let me down. The 45 I shot was ok without any jams but the baby eagle was nothing to write home about.

They are CZ clones. CZ didn't have legalities squared away to protect their design, which is part of why there are so many variants.

I really like the EAA (Tanfoglio) Witness line best for a .45 "CZ".

I had a Magnum Research Baby Desert Eagle II in .45 ACP. OK gun, but not up to what I was expecting. You'd be better off getting a real CZ-97 IMHO. And you better have great big hands, too. Was too big for my middle-sized mitts.

I have a CZ 97B. It's the CZ 45ACP model.
Size and weight is virtually the same as a 1911 but the grip is slightly wider as it takes a 10 round double stack magazine.
My FNP45 was even larger in grip size. I prefer the ability to swap in a custom hammer, trigger and sear to get a trigger pull that will match a custom 1911.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews