JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Greetings.

A buddy of mine and I have recently acquired a pair of AMD-65 AK kits and suitable flats from AK-Builder.com. Now, being an absolute, complete, and utter rookie at this, I've been researching and looking and reading and sketching and watching and....well, you get the idea.

It seems that the best way to bend these flats into receivers is through the use of a jig - either one cobbled together from BigBoxHardwareStore parts or a specialized super-coolie one like AK-Builder sells.

Now, having already shot myself in the leg by admitting my rookie-ness, here's the $64K question:

Does anyone out there have a jig that they're willing to loan/rent/sell/lease/donate/whatever to our cause?

If you want to remain semi-anonymous to cut down on the inevitable flood of "me too!" messages you can PM me, or we can set up a "library" system of check out and in if you'd like.

Upon reflection, perhaps a "U-Haul" system where you (or I, or whoever) is assessed fees for damaged equipment.....

Anyway, there's the question - any takers?

There's a build thread around here somewhere.. I thought I had it bookmarked but I can't find it. The general meet location has been suggested as the Tacoma, WA area

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top