JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm downsizing in the guns&ammo department and am trying to figure out a fair asking price before I advertise for this ammo:

Maybe 10 years ago I bought some cans of M2 ammo from CMP but can't remember it's spec's. The idea was to get ammo for a Garand, but my plans changed and I never did get the rifle.

The ammo is loose packed in 30cal ammo cans that have tan spray-paint over the yellow printing of "250 CTGS" ... "M2 linked, overhead fire Lot LC 42803 69" but I can't say that is what the ammo is.

The rounds have purple laquered, brass primers, headstamped LC69 and isn't magnetic; pretty sure it's not corrosive. I think there's 405 rounds per can because there's a "405-CN" sticker on the boxes and the cans are almost full being I unpackaged a can. I plinked with some of the rounds out of my bolt-gun, it's scope was only bore sighted but I could hit a coffee can @ 100yrds so...

Does this ammo description sound familiar to anyone?

Do you know if this was great stuff or just plinking ammo?

Thanks

Eric1979 got it. LC stands for Lake City and it's very good quality ammo.
Check some ammo web sites and maybe take a look at ammoengine/wikiarms. Lake City is desirable stuff.

Last Edited:
From an archived CMP listing.

The Lake City 30-06 is loose packed.

NLU 405-CN - 250 rounds. M2 Ball. Lake City manufacture. Bullet may attract magnet. Boxer primed. Non-corrosive. Packaged loose in standard military issue .30 cal ammo can. Mixed headstamps (years) per can.

From an archived CMP listing.

The Lake City 30-06 is loose packed.

NLU 405-CN - 250 rounds. M2 Ball. Lake City manufacture. Bullet may attract magnet. Boxer primed. Non-corrosive. Packaged loose in standard military issue .30 cal ammo can. Mixed headstamps (years) per can.

Thanks 415DET,

That sounds like like what I got. I can dump out the opened can to check magnet & headstamps, but who knows if the other cans would be same.

I see PPU in a local store for $0.83/rnd and some surplus on GB for more than $0.60/rnd. Local Commercial stuff (Federal & Hornady) is up over $1.30/rnd. so I'm guessing my stuff could be worth $0.70/rnd or more to the right buyer.

Tanker,

Your prices are right in line with the current market. The days of cheap M2 ball from the CMP are over, and buyers are paying .65- .75 cents a round for M2 ball. If you can find it cheaper than that, buy as much as you can:)

Ted

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top