JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Can you do any conversions on Saiga? I'd like to get a Saiga 7.62 that has pistol grip and folding buttstock, preferably not Crapco, but for a low price, maybe it would suffice.

If I can find a converted Saiga 7.62 for $500-$600 that takes AK mags, that would be golden. I have a converted Saiga 308 and it cost me a fortune to upgrade it and pay a professional gunsmith to convert it. I hear lot of conversions get screwed up, as not everyone does it right. I don't have gunsmithing skills, so I didn't mess with it.

As far as my budget, I am saving up for AR, but I wouldn't mind stockpiling a couple of those cheap uncoverted Saiga 7.62 for future conversions.

Can you do any conversions on Saiga? I'd like to get a Saiga 7.62 that has pistol grip and folding buttstock, preferably not Crapco, but for a low price, maybe it would suffice.

If I can find a converted Saiga 7.62 for $500-$600 that takes AK mags, that would be golden. I have a converted Saiga 308 and it cost me a fortune to upgrade it and pay a professional gunsmith to convert it. I hear lot of conversions get screwed up, as not everyone does it right. I don't have gunsmithing skills, so I didn't mess with it.

As far as my budget, I am saving up for AR, but I wouldn't mind stockpiling a couple of those cheap uncoverted Saiga 7.62 for future conversions.

Yes I can do the conversions. Depending on what you want I can do it. If you want a standard Tapco folding stock and the pistol grip conversion, I can do that NO PROBLEM. If you want something that will take a lot of work (say for example, an underfolder conversion) I can do that, but it wont be cheap. Give me an idea what you want and I can kick out an estimate for ya.

If all you want is a standard AK pistol grip, Tapco stock and the ability to take AK mags, I could probably hammer that out for around $600.

Sounds great.. Are you a gunsmith, dealer, armorer, etc? Sorry, for my ignorance, I spoke with a few of these companies, like Tromix and they claimed anyone who tries to attempt a Saiga conversion but them will fail. Being as ignorant as I was , I believed them.. However, after taking my gun to the local gunsmith, who is highly skilled, he claimed converting Saigas was no challenge for him at all. I guess what I have to be careful about is someone who is totally unexperienced with building AKs or converting saigas or has no type of guarantee on their work.

I would trust a conversion done by any gunsmith or person with some type of armorer license, proven Saiga expertise, etc. I'm a bit hesitant to buy a conversion off the street without a known source.

I bought my Saiga 7.62 for about $360. Best purchase I ever made.
I converted my Saiga .308, but the .308 ran me about $685.. I know, I know; I got had. But I converted it myself and it turned out great! I wouldn't sell it/trade it for even the best AR.. it truley is my SHTF weapon. AS is my Saiga 7.62.
Sorry for the long irrelevent story. To sum it up, I bought both at a gun show. Buy it when they're about to close. You can usually haggle them down $50 or so..maybe $100 if they're overcharging.

Sounds great.. Are you a gunsmith, dealer, armorer, etc? Sorry, for my ignorance, I spoke with a few of these companies, like Tromix and they claimed anyone who tries to attempt a Saiga conversion but them will fail. Being as ignorant as I was , I believed them.. However, after taking my gun to the local gunsmith, who is highly skilled, he claimed converting Saigas was no challenge for him at all. I guess what I have to be careful about is someone who is totally unexperienced with building AKs or converting saigas or has no type of guarantee on their work.

I would trust a conversion done by any gunsmith or person with some type of armorer license, proven Saiga expertise, etc. I'm a bit hesitant to buy a conversion off the street without a known source.

Yeah, someone who doesn't really know what they are doing will probably have a hard time working on the Saigas....Fail, I doubt as they are pretty forgiving but it takes a while to undo all the crap that has been done to them just to get them into the states. BTW, I am a 07FFL, to answer your other question.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top