JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Can you do any conversions on Saiga? I'd like to get a Saiga 7.62 that has pistol grip and folding buttstock, preferably not Crapco, but for a low price, maybe it would suffice.

If I can find a converted Saiga 7.62 for $500-$600 that takes AK mags, that would be golden. I have a converted Saiga 308 and it cost me a fortune to upgrade it and pay a professional gunsmith to convert it. I hear lot of conversions get screwed up, as not everyone does it right. I don't have gunsmithing skills, so I didn't mess with it.

As far as my budget, I am saving up for AR, but I wouldn't mind stockpiling a couple of those cheap uncoverted Saiga 7.62 for future conversions.

Can you do any conversions on Saiga? I'd like to get a Saiga 7.62 that has pistol grip and folding buttstock, preferably not Crapco, but for a low price, maybe it would suffice.

If I can find a converted Saiga 7.62 for $500-$600 that takes AK mags, that would be golden. I have a converted Saiga 308 and it cost me a fortune to upgrade it and pay a professional gunsmith to convert it. I hear lot of conversions get screwed up, as not everyone does it right. I don't have gunsmithing skills, so I didn't mess with it.

As far as my budget, I am saving up for AR, but I wouldn't mind stockpiling a couple of those cheap uncoverted Saiga 7.62 for future conversions.

Yes I can do the conversions. Depending on what you want I can do it. If you want a standard Tapco folding stock and the pistol grip conversion, I can do that NO PROBLEM. If you want something that will take a lot of work (say for example, an underfolder conversion) I can do that, but it wont be cheap. Give me an idea what you want and I can kick out an estimate for ya.

If all you want is a standard AK pistol grip, Tapco stock and the ability to take AK mags, I could probably hammer that out for around $600.

Sounds great.. Are you a gunsmith, dealer, armorer, etc? Sorry, for my ignorance, I spoke with a few of these companies, like Tromix and they claimed anyone who tries to attempt a Saiga conversion but them will fail. Being as ignorant as I was , I believed them.. However, after taking my gun to the local gunsmith, who is highly skilled, he claimed converting Saigas was no challenge for him at all. I guess what I have to be careful about is someone who is totally unexperienced with building AKs or converting saigas or has no type of guarantee on their work.

I would trust a conversion done by any gunsmith or person with some type of armorer license, proven Saiga expertise, etc. I'm a bit hesitant to buy a conversion off the street without a known source.

I bought my Saiga 7.62 for about $360. Best purchase I ever made.
I converted my Saiga .308, but the .308 ran me about $685.. I know, I know; I got had. But I converted it myself and it turned out great! I wouldn't sell it/trade it for even the best AR.. it truley is my SHTF weapon. AS is my Saiga 7.62.
Sorry for the long irrelevent story. To sum it up, I bought both at a gun show. Buy it when they're about to close. You can usually haggle them down $50 or so..maybe $100 if they're overcharging.

Sounds great.. Are you a gunsmith, dealer, armorer, etc? Sorry, for my ignorance, I spoke with a few of these companies, like Tromix and they claimed anyone who tries to attempt a Saiga conversion but them will fail. Being as ignorant as I was , I believed them.. However, after taking my gun to the local gunsmith, who is highly skilled, he claimed converting Saigas was no challenge for him at all. I guess what I have to be careful about is someone who is totally unexperienced with building AKs or converting saigas or has no type of guarantee on their work.

I would trust a conversion done by any gunsmith or person with some type of armorer license, proven Saiga expertise, etc. I'm a bit hesitant to buy a conversion off the street without a known source.

Yeah, someone who doesn't really know what they are doing will probably have a hard time working on the Saigas....Fail, I doubt as they are pretty forgiving but it takes a while to undo all the crap that has been done to them just to get them into the states. BTW, I am a 07FFL, to answer your other question.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top