JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My mom gave my dad model 1956 in .270 win, 2 weeks before I was born. I grew up with that rifle, and hunted with it as a teenager. The rifle was eventually stolen along with all of my dads guns. I recently replaced it with a model 1961 MCA, and bought another in .243 win. I love these rifles, I think they are the most beautiful rifles ever made. Carbines with full length stocks, and double set triggers. I'm on the hunt for a model 1956 in 6.5mm, the most classic caliber. Hemingway used several in his lifetime on safaris, and to kill sharks out of Cuba. His guns were model 1952 and earlier models. Anyone else a big fan 100752178_54_B89DE08D8B95146D.JPG like me? 100752178_54_5E552ACE4FF9C71E.JPG

Yes! But I've never been able to afford a real one. I had to buy a Mauser sporterized in the mannlicher fashion. Full length stock, butter knife bolt handle, etc.
Hope to have an actual mannlicher shoenauer someday...

IMG_1154.JPG

Very nice! I just bought a model 1961 MCA BNIB, unfired, with double set triggers, an additional single trigger system serial numbered to the rifle, with the original test target, in the original box. Made in 1966, it's like a time capsule. I've shot it, but it's a collector for sure. The .243 is a shooter in excellent condition, that I'm in the process of scoping. The really good things about the model MCA is, 1963 and after they came factory drilled and tapped for a Redfield mount. The older rifles are worth way more un-drilled and tapped. They were a hard rifle to scope because of the split receiver. I hope to add a few more to my collection in the near future.

I could do that! I've got a sporter built on a commercial Czechoslovakian Mauser action, with a beautiful butter knife bolt!
:( Probably won't though.

Here's the cover of a 1959 catalog. $198 for a carbine or rifle. $450 for the premier engraved model. $299 to $345 for a Kahles scoped model. Seems pretty cheap now. My mom paid around $160 for my dads model 1956, purchased at the Coast to Coast hardware store here in The Dalles, in December 1957, and that was a lot of money for a railroader in those days.

1959 Catalog.jpg

Is there a date on it anywhere? It's a customized rifle, the stock is custom, and the bolt handle has been changed from the original butter knife. Is there a safety other than on the rear of the bolt?

I've been on a buying spree lately, and have 3 new to me Mannlicher Shoenauer carbines on their way to me in time for xmas. A super rare ribbed barrel model 1903, and another 1903 and a 1908 that are sisters with consecutive serial numbers. I'm not done yet, as I don't think 5 are nearly enough. I want a model 1952 carbine in 6.5mm as well.

1903 2.JPG kirby 1903 6.jpg.crdownload.jpg 1903 8.JPG

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads