Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Any good shooting spots in the Springfield/Eugene area?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by khol91, Sep 17, 2013.

1. khol91

khol91 Springfield New Member

I'm looking for somewhere that's 20-30 minutes away, a nice quiet spot hopefully. I'm a new gun owner and I want some practice before I go to a range.

Thanks!

2. unklekippy

unklekippy In The Mountains Near Sprague River Well-Known Member

I was gonna make a joke about Thurston High, but that would be in VERY poor taste.

West of town, past Veneta, I have found many places to stop and shoot on my way to the coast. So many that all you need to do is get into the forest, find a place with a nice berm and clean up your mess. In all fairness, I haven't shot at any of those places in over 10 years, so I'm sorry I don't have anything more specific.

3. torrejon224

torrejon224 Springfield, OR Member

Just hit the Emerald Empire Gun Club range. Great facility, $10 bucks for all day and is open to the public Fri, Sat and Sun from 10-4. Decent people and will help you out if needed. Most other land around your taking a chance. The club is in Marcola off McGowan Creek Rd about mins from town right out 42nd St.

Tacticool22 and (deleted member) like this.
  4. saxon

saxon springfield Active Member

+1

5. 808hondacrguy

808hondacrguy Eugene,OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Two Thumbs Up for the Emerald Empire Gun Club Range!!! Highly recommended :thumbup::thumbup:

6. stavros4570

stavros4570 eugene,or. Member

Izaak Walton range is a good bet in south Eug. off Lorane hwy. Membership is 110 dollars pre year, open 365.

7. JRH Oregon

JRH Oregon Oregon Active Member

Or just keep driving past the range and go up to the top of the hill, that is where we usually go. We do like to pick up a little though because there is a bunch of lazy *** slobs around here.

Tacticool22 and (deleted member) like this.
  8. baconstrips

baconstrips Eugene New Member

FYI:

Emerald Empire Gun Club- nice range, range master on duty, closed mondays, open to public Fri-Sat-Sun, $200/yr, workbond discount.
    Emerald Empire Gun Club

Izaak Walton League- good range, Members and guests only, pretty much self serve, no one "on duty". Curantly $110/yr.
    https://sites.google.com/site/eugenechapter/membership-information

Albany Rifle And Pistol Club- nice range, guests are free, full auto allowed on alternating days, $141/yr, 1 time $100 initiation, $75 reduction with 12 hour workbond, family/junior membership also available
    http://www.arpc.info/

9. Tacticool22

Tacticool22 Springfield, Or-a-gun Member

Emerald Empire Gun Club Range
    Or somewhere else up in the hills with a good backstop. Clean up your trash and take some that was left by others.