JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey Folks,

I've been thinking about putting some optics on my AR again. I initially ran the Nikon P223 but, being someone that wears glasses, had trouble getting a clear picture. So I switched to Iron Sights which have served just fine.

Primary Arms has this deal currently

Does anyone have any experience with the Vortex Sparc and magnifier? My main concern is having picture quality issues conflicting with my glasses again.

My other option is just keep saving my pennies until I can afford an ACOG. I used them in the Marines and they blew my mind.

So what experience do you have? Is it worth pulling the trigger on this $200 deal and then selling down the line to get an ACOG or should I wait?

Thanks!

There good red dots they will get the job done! In my most honest professional couch commando opinion save up for the acog you'll be alot happier. 200$ twords the acog! Plus it will give you plenty of time to master you're iron sights!

I have 4 of them. I got them on a good sale a few years back.
Pros
Great entry level site on larger targets fast manipulation out to 100 yards no problem. Have used out to 300 but 2moa dot covers center mass pretty bad. I 3/4 co witness as they came with adapter plates to allow this.
Work great in daylight.
Cons
Not good for small targets like ground hogs as the 2moa dot covers them up completely at 100 yards.

So I like them and would buy them again for my use.

My questions is whether or not you have an astigmatism.
If you do, avoid it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top