JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm curious as to whether anyone on the board has had any experience with the new AR-15 style .22 cal rifle that's currently being made in Germany by Walther under license from Colt and imported by UMAREX USA? Early on I was thinking about taking a pass. But the more I read, the more interested I confess to becoming about this one.

If you've bought one, or if you've had the chance to take one to the range for a trial run, what do you think?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

The bolt hold open is purely for cosmetic purposes only. It doesn't function nor even attempt to hold the bolt open.

The S&W .22 AR (where were these rifles 15 years ago?) BHO works.

SF-

I'm curious as to whether anyone on the board has had any experience with the new AR-15 style .22 cal rifle that's currently being made in Germany by Walther under license from Colt and imported by UMAREX USA? Early on I was thinking about taking a pass. But the more I read, the more interested I confess to becoming about this one.

If you've bought one, or if you've had the chance to take one to the range for a trial run, what do you think?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

These are fun little plinkers. Cant really tell them apart side by side of my other M4's unless you know what you're looking for. I had two of them one in the OPS model (which I still have) and the other standard version with carry handle in which I just sold. Just understand how to adjust the bolt spring tension and you are ready to shoot most .22's from standard to high velocity ammo. It is however true that for some reason it does not like Remingtons.:huh: These are accurate with open sights and even more accurate with glass on them. I'd recommend getting extra mags if you could find them as they are really fun to do rapid fire dumps:s0155: People think I am bump firing it but it's just how quick my fingers move:D

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the feedback. Talked with my local FFL dealer today, and he is on the hunt for one. He said that he's had three and sold them inside of a week each time. He also indicated that sometimes they are readily available and other times they are not, and right now he can't easily locate one. But that's all right: decent rifles are always worth waiting for.

Carl Walther in Germany is making them. Walther's parent company these days, however, is Umarex, which is an air soft company. It's a marriage that has not gone smoothly, sad to say. For example, if you've ever wondered about the quality of the P22, which carries the Walther banner despite its zinc slide, you can blame the Umarex influence. There seems to be two camps in Ulm these days: the one that produced the PPS, which is a solid handgun in the fine Walther tradition, and the one that produced the toy-like P22. And yes, I know that many folks love their P22s.

These days we are forced to guess as to whether a new release is a Walther or a Umarex product. The soon-to-be-released PK380 looks like a Umarex gun. The P99, along with the PPS, is the real deal. The word on the rifle is that it's also the real deal, although it may be a little early in the game to get the full story.

If there's any good news in all of this, it's evident that the Umarex camp and the Walther camp are trying to make the best of things. The P22 has improved greatly since its original release, for instance -- Walther's influence. We'll know more when the PK380 is finally on the shelves and we can get a close-up look at the thing, as well as wring it out at the range.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top