JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Considering buying a 308 in either pistol size -not less than 10"- (must have no functional buffer tube, can use folding brace or collapsable brace) or bulllup.

Looking for any shooting impressions from folks that have shot a Tavor especially such as recoil, smoothness, etc. particularly what is it like to have the action etc so close to your face?

Also would love to hear about any other guns such as Galil pistol or other non-ar 10 pistols.

Thx in advance for any thoughts, impressions, opinions, ideas!

Last Edited:
I have a Tavor 7, and I like it. it is a heavy gun, so recoil is not too bad for a .308. I don't even notice the action being so far back. Does not bother me at all. I don't own any other .308 guns, but have shot a few that friends own, and I like the way the Tavor feels better than a standard AR pattern. The bullpup keeps the weight close to you so it shoulders nicely without tiring you out too much, but carrying it around while slung you start to feel the weight.

The one thing I don't like about the Tavor is it is finicky with steel ammo. Quality brass runs perfect, but steel case with harder primers gives light primer strikes pertty often, so cheap import ammo is out.

If you happen to be a Tri-County member shoot me a PM and I would be happy to meet you and let you shoot it.

I have a Tavor 7, and I like it. it is a heavy gun, so recoil is not too bad for a .308. I don't even notice the action being so far back. Does not bother me at all. I don't own any other .308 guns, but have shot a few that friends own, and I like the way the Tavor feels better than a standard AR pattern. The bullpup keeps the weight close to you so it shoulders nicely without tiring you out too much, but carrying it around while slung you start to feel the weight.

The one thing I don't like about the Tavor is it is finicky with steel ammo. Quality brass runs perfect, but steel case with harder primers gives light primer strikes pertty often, so cheap import ammo is out.

If you happen to be a Tri-County member shoot me a PM and I would be happy to meet you and let you shoot it.
Excellent info thx so much!

I have a Tavor in 5.56. The gun is very nice and the only issue I have is since the action is so close to your face you do get a little gas. This can be fixed easily with a seal to put on the side that is nearest your face, as you can swap the action to either right or left handed so there is a bit of an issue.

AWC G2A
1650466058844.jpeg

Scoped marksman/sniper rifle M1A action meant for LE/Military market. Never took off. Very rare but they are out there. I should have kept mine (more useful than a .50, but at the time, that is what I sold it for; to get the $ for a .50 BMG rifle).
Designed by Gale McMillan.
18" one inch diameter Kreiger SS barrel.
Accurate - 0.5 MOA or better
Compact, but heavy (123 with scope). Not something you wanted to field strip; the stock was closely mated to the action.
Scope only - although I suppose you could add iron sights - I would recommend removing the rail it came with and adding a full length pic rail - although that probably would still not make room for iron sights.
Good trigger, especially for a bullpup; uses a cable and two bell cranks at each end, to convert pulling the trigger at the front to pulling the trigger at the rear.
The deflector shield had to be modified by removing the front support; spent brass would bounce off it.
Barrel was tensioned with a bridge and a tension nut that doubled as a surface to take a suppressor

Did some research on the tavor 7 and am impressed with what I'm seeing. I had 12.5"(ish) barrel in my mind as my "ideal" for my use but the bullpup gives you similar compactness with 16" barrel which is cool.

Also the Galil ace 308 pistol there is almost no info out there that I've found so far. This video at the 25 min mark has some great info on the Galil pistol if anyone is interested. Plinking away at 300 yards with Tula ammo and 11.8" barrel is pretty cool. Love the 5 foot fireballs :p Really like how he tested so many different kinds of ammo and comparisons of accuracy asbarrel heated up and/or breakin. Have never seen this guys videos before and I like his approach (fwiw).

Wish I could have one of each ha ha.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR