JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Im putting together a 10/22 and I think this is the scope I want. Any other suggestions on scopes and .22s would be great. Im thinking 10/22 target stainless. If you guys have any suggestions on how to set up a 10/22 with a bull barrel without buying the target model or anything else that might be helpful or save me money or make for a better rifle in the end lets hear it. I should have about $700 in the budget... Thanks:s0155:

What you are talking about is MY favorite rifle! 25 yards 5 shot dime, 50 yards 50 cent piece! Sadly it seems I hardly ever get to shoot it, but I do get to load a bunch of mags for it. Picked up Ruger's 25 round mags 6 months ago, big fun! I have dialed in Nikon PROSTAFF 3-9 Rimfire BDC 150 with Winchester 36 gr. 333Lubaloy ammo and Nikon's Spot On Ballistic Program. While I have shot steel to 150 yards I have not shot paper past 100 yards. Here's a pis of my 10/22 and Nikon Rimfire Scope. Just as an FYI, Check out Nikon's new P-22 Series Scopes.

As always, drop me a note if you have any Nikon Optic's question's.

IMHO that's a poor choice for a rim fire. No adjustable objective so the parallax is fixed at 50yds. .5 moa adjustments for wind and elevation.

Because of the ranges used by most rim fire shooters a AO or Adjustable Objective is very important. I would want at least .250moa clicks, .125moa is even better.

BDC well be close for a very few different loads.

One of the best choices for rim fire is the Mueller APV. here's the silver model to match your stainless 10/22.
Mueller APV 4.5-14x40AO (Silver) Mueller Optics

Mounted with a set Talley rings you get a very solid setup and it fits bull barrels perfect. The APV is engineered for the rim fire, AO allows focus down to 10yds, 1/4 adjustments and the 4.5-14 magnification well cover any range you shoot.
1022.jpg

I run fixed 4x Nikons on my rimfires never really felt like I needed anymore magnification. You can't go wrong with Nikon no matter what magnification you get.

I have the Nikon Prostaff 3x9-40 on my Marlin bolt 22. This is my first and only rifle (for the moment), so I'm not sure how much my opinion will help, but I love it. I am not really good enough yet to take full advantage of this or any other scope, but I have absolutely no complaints. It may also help to note that my decision to purchase this specific scope was based on weeks of research online. It seems to be the best value variable magnification scope on the market. I'm sure there are many more out there that are nicer, but I was uncomfortable spending more than I spent on my rifle, especially considering how many more bullets you can buy for every few bucks saved.

I had the 3-9 rimfire BDC on my 10/22 that I just sold. I loved it! Worked great. I sold my 10/22 to fund another project but when I build up another one I'm going to run that scope again. It was perfect for me. They're running a $30 rebate on them right now.

I'd go with mueller apv (and did). The adjustable objective is important on a .22lr scope rather than the fixed 50yd parallax setting on the nikon. The mueller can be had for $120 so it may be less $ than the nikon as well.

I was drinkin the Mueller koolaid for awhile. It appeared to be a fine deal when I was out at the range punchin paper with the 10/22. When I got it out into the field shooting gophers, it became "less than desirable" to say the least. It was unuseable above 8x! After one day we headed to Scheels and I ended up getting this..... tr 007.jpg .....I could not be happier. The reticle is ideal in the field and it will focus down to ten yards. It is a much better choice for a "hunting" scope than the Mueller.

tr 007.jpg

+1 for the Mueller. I have the AVP on my 10/22 and it's been nothing but solid and reliable. Just for fun I put a penny out at 100 yards, I kinda cheated by using the highest magnification but it was accurate enough to put a hole it it at 100. It's a solid crisp scope. Go Mueller.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top