JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A friend of mine received this from his father-in-law and knows nothing about it. He asked for my help and I know absolutely nothing about it. His FIL claims he got it "in the war". (this being said, my friend and his wife think that he is exhibiting signs of dementia).

I have been searching the interwebs looking for any information (which there are a few threads on "The High Road" website), but nothing are like my friends'. It is clearly stamped Carl Gustafs Stad, Gevarsfakori. The question then becomes.... is the date 1916 or 1946? Over on the "other forum" they talk about the Carl Gustafs Stad rifles and every place mentions dates up to around 1944. Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_Mauser) mentions Carl Gustafs Stad rifles being manufactured from 1895 - 1948. Everything that I am finding is mentioning that they were made (and converted) mainly for the military. Everything that I can find show's "plain" military style stocks, nothing like this stock.

It rifle is short. Carbine length, short. I'd compare it to a Ruger 10/22 length. (I can ask for a measurement tonight if it helps identify this).

I am wondering if this truly could have started out as military rifle and after "military use" was put into the nicer wood stock? I question that "theory" as everything (bolt, receiver, barrel) are in just A LOT better condition that I would guess would come from military service.

Also, does anyone know if there is a list of serial numbers and inspector initials that I can look up?

everything appears to be serial number matched.

Thanks!

20210412_180723a.jpg 20210412_180533a.jpg 20210412_180540a.jpg 20210412_180618a.jpg 20210412_180851a.jpg 20210412_181335.jpg 20210412_181624a.jpg 20210412_181610a.jpg

Everything that I am finding is mentioning that they were made (and converted) mainly for the military. Everything that I can find show's "plain" military style stocks, nothing like this stock.

It rifle is short. Carbine length, short. I'd compare it to a Ruger 10/22 length. (I can ask for a measurement tonight if it helps identify this).

I am wondering if this truly could have started out as military rifle and after "military use" was put into the nicer wood stock? I question that "theory" as everything (bolt, receiver, barrel) are in just A LOT better condition that I would guess would come from military service.

It is originally a military rifle that has been sporterized, not an uncommon practice.

Looks like a Swedish Mauser, Model 1896, that has been sporterized. Was probably originally manufactured in 1916. Kimber commercially sporterized many in the 1980's or 1990's (I don't remember the exact years).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top