JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I encountered one whilst smoking a cigar and stargazing last night. Then when everyone was down for the evening, the whole house was permeated with the aroma of skunk (or "stunk" as my daughter refers to the species), presumably from outside guests. They are gone now, of course, but it got me to thinking about countermeasures to keep them away.

There are all sorts of sprays and electronic devices that are marketed to do that, but who knows if they are effective. Do you employ any such for anti-skunk measures?

Put some five-day old fish or chicken under the deck of a neighbor you don't like. It won't rid your neighborhood of your skunk friend, but it will redirect them.

You probably already know, and not trying to drift...but it is cool to see that ultra-bright spot blast across the sky at almost 5 miles per second... :)

I think you will like them very much. I know we do. :s0155:
Depending what else you have around (chickens and eggs), you'll need to eliminate the critter because they will keep coming back.

Like deer when you leave feed out for them, do it once and they'll always return. Kind of like some people on welfare.

Yard enforcer!

Also, if you live in skunk country...and especially if you have pets...it's not a question of IF you will get skunked...it's a question of WHEN. Best to have supplies on hand and a plan BEFORE it happens.

Good luck! And may the odds be ever in your favor!

51tvysRCZlL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Yard enforcer!

Also, if you live in skunk country...and especially if you have pets...it's not a question of IF you will get skunked...it's a question of WHEN. Best to have supplies on hand and a plan BEFORE it happens.

Good luck! And may the odds be ever in your favor!

View attachment 846828

These motioned activated sprinklers work great! Keeps cats, raccoons, dogs, deer, etc. out of the garden with no muss, no fuss, and no noise. I've had mine for many, many years and it just keeps on working.

I know some fish and wildlife/pest control poeple use hav a hart traps and then euthanize with CO (exhaust). Lots of humane ways to euthanize I suppose though once they are in the trap. Trap may not be needed if they r visible and you want to wait up for them (or if you have motion detecting video system to alert u they r there). Trap is a lot less time consuming though imo.

Neighbor across the street traps them, then dispatches the critter with a .22 short in a revolver.

I learned of his method our first 4th of July in this house.
We had a front yard full of folks ready to watch fireworks. Out comes my neighbor with a very large raccoon, dead. Carrying it by one leg, drops it in his garbage can. Looks up, waves hi, then disappeared back through his side gate to his back yard.
I was dying from laughter. Some of my guests were a bit concerned.

I encountered one whilst smoking a cigar and stargazing last night. Then when everyone was down for the evening, the whole house was permeated with the aroma of skunk (or "stunk" as my daughter refers to the species), presumably from outside guests. They are gone now, of course, but it got me to thinking about countermeasures to keep them away.

There are all sorts of sprays and electronic devices that are marketed to do that, but who knows if they are effective. Do you employ any such for anti-skunk measures?
Yea, put down those turdsticks.

lol

Neighbor across the street traps them, then dispatches the critter with a .22 short in a revolver.

I learned of his method our first 4th of July in this house.
We had a front yard full of folks ready to watch fireworks. Out comes my neighbor with a very large raccoon, dead. Carrying it by one leg, drops it in his garbage can. Looks up, waves hi, then disappeared back through his side gate to his back yard.
I was dying from laughter. Some of my guests were a bit concerned.
Revolvers are way louder, all things being equal.. I always try to use a semiauto or the like.

These motioned activated sprinklers work great! Keeps cats, raccoons, dogs, deer, etc. out of the garden with no muss, no fuss, and no noise. I've had mine for many, many years and it just keeps on working.
Also works pretty well on various two legged varmints that have no business being on the WRONG side of the fence. :D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top