JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I honestly don't know what this proves, other than that people like to pretend they're less ignorant about an issue than they are. His intent was to purposely mislead people and he got some people who clearly don't know what they're talking about pretending they did. You could make a strong argument that people should understand what they're protesting more, but that has never been the nature of people in general. This reminds of the dihydrogen monoxide gig that goes around every once in a while. I think this is dumb from both sides.

I honestly don't know what this proves, other than that people like to pretend they're less ignorant about an issue than they are. His intent was to purposely mislead people and he got some people who clearly don't know what they're talking about pretending they did. You could make a strong argument that people should understand what they're protesting more, but that has never been the nature of people in general. This reminds of the dihydrogen monoxide gig that goes around every once in a while. I think this is dumb from both sides.

Bingo.

All this proves is that people are reactionary instead of being thoughtful. Most people who know the least espouse the most. Very evident here in that they all do not have a clue as to what they are talking about.

"It's because people rely on ad hominems and straw-man arguments. ... So true is it that, in science as elsewhere, we fight for and against not men and things as they are, but for and against the caricatures we make of them...".

Joseph Schumpeter

Brilliant!

Yes I do understand that the video in the OP is satire....That said...

When I get into a good shooting "groove" , I get about 2-3 shots of per minute with one of my antique muzzle loaders.

As for this mystery device that can allow 10 shots per minute...Other than a few rare or at least uncommon multi barrel guns or firearms with a rotating drum or cylinder I don't think you could get that rate of fire...
Not to forget to mention the Flash in the Pan's that can occur or the cap not setting off the main charge , Caps falling off the nipples of revolvers and or gumming up the hammer / cylinder etc...
Granted many folks know nothing about muzzle loaders...

And I really loved the mash-up term "Fully Automatic Semi Autos" ....Something is either "Full" or not...How can something be "Full" , yet "Semi" ( Semi meaning partial ) at the same time?

You would think that even if some ( most ) of the kids there didn't know anything about firearms , one would question some of the interviewers language....
Andy

All this proves is that people are reactionary instead of being thoughtful. Most people who know the least espouse the most. Very evident here in that they all do not have a clue as to what they are talking about.

People, humans, are reactionary because we are primarily emotional animals - we don't think, we react emotionally and/or instinctively. This was an advantage when we lived in primitive conditions were we needed to fight or run with an instant's notice, but it doesn't work so well now when we are much safer (relatively, we are much much safer now - we don't have saber tooth tigers hunting us every day).

The problem is that there are a significant number of people who know how to control us by appealing to the primitive reptile part of our brains by pushing our emotional buttons. It isn't just liberals - it is everybody (look at how Trump got elected).

Worse, these factions, both left and right, are pushing harder and harder, and we are becoming increasingly divisive and extreme, both left and right.

Instead of letting people push our buttons and control us, learn how to think objectively and rationally. Learn how they push your buttons and recognize it when that happens. Seeing the problem for what it is will enable us to control ourselves and lessen their power incrementally. Unfortunately, 99% of people will not do this, they won't even listen, much less comprehend.

For those who will listen and take the path of logic, we can at least recognize what is happening and prepare for the inevitable outcomes.

Yeah, the questions were entrapment, and overall pretty dumb on everyone's part...
People should have to take competency evaluations before being allowed to vote on anything. My suggestion may not be the most democratic, but it would certainly provide more informed elections (probably better laws too). I'm sure somebody can figure a way in which that would backfire.

Yeah, the questions were entrapment, and overall pretty dumb on everyone's part...
People should have to take competency evaluations before being allowed to vote on anything. My suggestion may not be the most democratic, but it would certainly provide more informed elections (probably better laws too). I'm sure somebody can figure a way in which that would backfire.

The democrat base would be lost immediately, they would never go for it lol

I was thinking the same would go for Republicans. LoL
We are both likely to be right.

Pretty simple to me when voting conservatively. If it increases taxes, it gets a no, if it creates more government it gets a no, if it attacks my rights it gets a no, if it promises free stuff to those who qualify it gets a no, because there is no such thing as a free lunch. It just means someone else is paying for it and the extremely ignorant democrat voter base is deceived to believe that taxes on property owners aren't passed down to the renters.

These dummies vote to increase property taxes to help offset some cost (like metro bus service for example) thinking "what do I care, I rent" and then their rent goes up because the property owner isn't going to eat that additional cost and then the renters scream "we need rent control, I can't afford to live where I live"

It's the epitome of dumb.

If we look at the conservative voter base, we aren't that hard to please and really don't need to be very informed if you consider what our interests are.

1. Don't raise taxes: I don't need to read every proposed bill to figure out if I like it, if it raises taxes, its a no.
2. Don't attack my rights: don't have to be very informed on that one either, if it attacks rights, its a no
3. Don't make an inefficient government with an insatiable need for taxes bigger

If a bill is longer than a page it means that its too complicated and full of other BS and shouldn't be passed. If you can't fit a bill onto a page, you know that politicians got involved. I could have taken one look at the Obamacare bill and without even reading it, say it was going to be a disaster just by the size of the bill alone.

If democrats couldn't keep bribing lemmings with welfare, their entire party appeal would dry up and die.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top