JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The more I look at the anti-gun movement, the more I see the parallels to the Temperance Movement that led to Prohibition. That movement used religion, psychology, propaganda, and highjacking the education of youth to achieve its goal.

"Children became a large part of this fresh Temperance movement and they joined Loyal Temperance Movements where parades were conducted in the streets. A new movement was also started in the public education system. Temperance textbooks began to be widely distributed around the the country. This movement was generally successful as by 1885 Congress mandated temperance education in the public school system and by 1901 all states in America has temperance laws in practice, ..." The Temperance Movement - The Prohibition Era

To educate yourself on how the Temperance Movement worked, watch Ken Burns documentery on Prohibition. There is a great quote in there from one of the TM leaders about how getting their views taught in schools would lead to success within a given time.

We are now seeing the Education Industry propagandize our youth against guns. They also promote other agendas, but this is directed at the Second Amendment. :eek:

It's not the school's job to parent the kids. Stick with unbiased education. Separation of church and state comes to mind here.

The Temperance movement at schools must have been well before San Diego State. But seriously, kids being supported to push against adults doing anything, will usually work. When has it not?

Teenagers want to be smarter than their parents and other adults. CNN and politicians are calling them brave for...being supported and televised in a supervised walk out? While I feel for those kids who witnessed horror I also feel the those 'other' kids who see this stuff every day and still go to school the next day and the next.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top