JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just traded into this older Anschutz 22lr. From my little bit of research I believe it is a model 64 sporter., but i could be wrong. If there is anyone out there that has any info I would appriciate it. I would also like to find a rear sight. I am still unsure who got the best end of the deal.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Sure looks like a older Mod 64 to me. Sights can be had from a number of venders, depending on what you wish to do with it. The Savage MK-II is actually an Anshutz rifle, just given to Savage arms when they were owned by Anshutz ( or the other way round) ether way, sights that fit the savage will also fit that rifle. Lyman makes a really nice sight set for the MK-II that fits the receiver, from there you can go all the way into the uber cool and expensive Ghel or Anshutz sights. Nice rifle!!!

OH JESUS DO NOT DRILL AND TAP THE RECEIVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The two cuts you see on the side of the receiver are there to accept a dovetail based sight. Typically, the Anschuetz style globe sights slide right on and are tensioned down with two thumb nuts, or they would have a slot that would fit kinda sloppy with a quarter, or perfectly with a Deutsche Mark

Here's what they look like: <broken link removed>

If I remember correctly, the top rail is ~10mm, which should be close enough to a 3/8" rimfire dovetail to take standard rimfire scope rings.

Back when I shot small bore as a kid, the club gun I was assigned as an Anschuetz Supermatch 54, I took home a lot of trophies with that gun, and I would love to know what happened to it after the club shut down. For the sake of christ, before you WECSOG that gun, do a bit more research.

I am not going to modify anything on it. I have other 22's I can mess with. I really enjoy older guns and appriciate them for what they are. I have always drooled over Anschutz rifles. I am just happy to own one and trying to learn all I can about them just like I do with all of my firearms.

I am not going to modify anything on it. I have other 22's I can mess with. I really enjoy older guns and appriciate them for what they are. I have always drooled over Anschutz rifles. I am just happy to own one and trying to learn all I can about them just like I do with all of my firearms.

I'm not trying to beat you up, I just freaked out when someone said "drill and tap". Veins popped out of my temples, and bile was immediately expelled from my gall bladder and out my throat.

The 62 on the barrel next to the proof marks indicates that the rifle was made in 1962. So the rifle is 54 years old.

It certainly looks to be in very good shape for a gun that old. Being in that good of condition and being an Anschutz, I would say that it is definitely worth well more than the money that you had into your trade.

I believe that the current equivalent Anschutz model would set you back $1,100 purchased new.

Last Edited:
I have scoured the Internet for all of the information I could find. I have found several of these older rifles with single triggers but not too many with the double set. I have not had much luck finding a factory sight that would be original to this rifle but I am in no hurry.
I really want to take it to the range but that will be delayed until I recover from surgery.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top