JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just started getting settled in to my new job, and new home out here.

I love your weather, I love your food, I love your women, and I love your city infrastructure.

If I am interpreting the laws correctly out here, I love your gun laws too! So please, point me in the right direction. I've been receiving fire hose after fire hose of information out here. I enjoy picking up new hobbies, and making sure I abide by the local legislation concerning them. So I'll be looking around inside this forum before I go out with my gear and try my hand at some paper cups and bottles. (Don't worry, I pick up my brass and garbage targets) I was raised a boy scout, so I follow the "leave no trace" doctrine as best as I can.

For this forum, I want to start delving into competition shooting. To put my ego in check when it comes to how good of a shot I think I am.

I am interested in the comp shooting scene out here. I've got a .22 that is only good for putting holes in cans and a Remington Mosin Nagant that came sported and a few steps from full "Bubbah". I didn't even know Remington made a Mosin either until I tried to find replacement parts. So I'm waiting on dropping in an Arch Angel stock until I decide whether or not I am going to keep the darn thing. But it kicks like a mule, so I only do five or ten shots with it to see if it's time to clean er (It's way over due)

I didn't grow up around fire arms, I guess my folks were never taken hunting by their grandparents. But eventually I'm going to get out into the wild with a local guide I met in the Air Force and harvest my own meat to make jerky with my dehydrator. But I have pretty solid aim when it comes to keeping rounds down range and cleaning up after myself is a high priority when it comes to shooting on open land. Because if I can save money by reloading, I will.

I'm ex Air Force and I have been in a few hairy situations in my time, so I don't like being stared down by someone who is armed while I am "unarmed" which you never actually are*. I don't like indoor ranges either, I prefer to be able to communicate with everyone at the range to be on the same page as everyone who is holding a firearm. I just leave the room when I start to think I'm not welcome. I prefer to not have to defend myself with anything beyond words if I don't have to.

But it's pandemic times, so I guess I have to suck it up, or go without. For now. I'm going without.

I am a firm believer in anyone's right to choose: Fight, Flight, Barricade, or Freeze. We all have different responses to danger, and I start with my words, I then proceed with movement, and only if I am backed into a corner do I ever exercise my unalienable rights. I prefer having friends over foes.

*Anyone ever been a Texas two step away from bubblegumting in a bucket to mix with common house hold cleaners because there is an unknown danger outside the office room you just barricaded?

If you have food in your belly, adrenaline in your veins, and survival in your heart you are never unarmed my friends ;) stay thirsty, hydrated, and fed, it may be your last line of defense.
I guess I'm the only who finds everything about this post....just weird.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top