JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just started getting settled in to my new job, and new home out here.

I think I got a little excited finding a new resource for accurate and legal resources for the local area and may have spooked some of you.

Please just provide links to legal documents or places to watch the ever changing gun laws.

Last Edited:
Welcome to The Board!

Given your introduction, you will fit in well here.

Last Edited:
Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

Thanks for raising your hand and volunteering to stand up for this great country of ours.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

[Edit- We are doing non ODFW supported cleanups at public forests] - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

If I am interpreting the laws correctly out here, I love your gun laws too!
Dunno about that. Texas has constitutional carry. In Oregon you need a license.

There is no permit, background check or firearms registration required when buying a handgun from a private individual in Texas. Not the case in Oregon.

However, WELCOME to the forum!

Plz correct me if I am wrong, but I believe OR has the same insane "universal background check " that WA has. And it covers firearm transfers...not just sales.
Want to borrow a buddy's deer rifle for a weekend hunt and return it next week? Two ffl transfers reqd.
I realize making a living is important, but moving from a red state to a blue state is just backasswards!

From one Texan to another living in Oregon ... ya ain't never going to find these two things 1) real Texas chili 2) real Texas BBQ. Knowing that you're good to go!

Are you sure that you Love our Firearm Laws?

SB554 the rights crushing bill brought to us by leftist Democrats and cowardly Republicans is now in effect .

Under the law, you need to keep any gun you are not carrying locked up and useless.

You cannot lawfully allow a minor child to have access to a firearm for self defense in the home.

You can be held responsible for any crimes committed with guns that have been stolen from you.

Your rights to allow a minor to use one of your firearms are now extremely restricted and very complicated.

Your liability when you LAWFULLY transfer a firearm is now exponentially higher.

You may no longer carry a firearm with a concealed handgun license in the Portland Airport Terminal, the Capitol Building (YOUR building) and the grounds of any school that chooses to make its property off limits.

The cost of a Concealed Handgun License has doubled.

If all that were not bad enough, we have IP 17 & IP18 on the horizon

Oregon Welcoms You.jpg

Glad to have you aboard!

Oregon gun laws are currently livable but a few things to keep in mind:
  • Within the next few years it's almost a lock that AWB legislation will make the vast majority of semiautomatic rifles and pistols unlawful to purchase. If you have plans for such, prioritize them.
  • Ditto for magazines greater the 10 round capacity
  • The above would affect a Ruger 10/22 w/ BX-25 magazine as much as an AR-15 or AK-47
  • A NICS background check is required for any firearms purchase except for a close relative.
  • Technically you can't borrow a firearm from or loan one to a friend with a 4473 and NICS BGC.
  • We will also likely have storage laws requiring all firearms not in use to be securely locked, which includes a nightstand pistol. If an unsecured firearm is stolen you will be held liable for a crime committed later using that firearm.
  • Some of the above sounds silly, but the legislation has been written by well intendigng people with little or no understanding of the subject. Most Oregon voters are low information types that vote along party lines, and the political majority support and vote for a leftist agenda.
Hope I haven't scared you off, but new residents who are firearm enthusiasts need to understand that in this regard these are the fabled "interesting times".

On another topic... The weather here during the summer and early fall is outstanding. Shortly, however, the rains will start to be prepared for long stretches of battleship gray skies, constant drizzle, moss and banana slugs. Be careful the first time you drive in heavy rain. If your windshield wipers are old replace them now. It's really not bad, but it can take a bit of getting used to coming from a much sunnier Texas.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top