Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Another Saiga.........Made of GOLD????

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Mason3379, May 14, 2011.

1. Mason3379

Mason3379 Oregon City Active Member

Found this on outdoorstrader. Am I missing something or have these people not realized BUD's and other shops are selling these for under $700!!

Saiga 12Ga - Firearms : Shotguns

Even with after market stuff. 3100$!! REALLY???

2. OR4X4

OR4X4 Hour south of portland Member

But didn't you know, you get what you pay for? :D
    Clearly with that saiga, is simply doesn't matter where you aim - the clay will bust!

All it takes is one guy dumb enough to buy one and its the same as a month of normal priced saiga sales.

3. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Definitely overpriced. Don't think he is a true profiteer though, I didn't see multiple mentions of it being banned.

4. 22many

22many PNW Well-Known Member

Arsenalaraz must be the seller. Lol

5. i8asquirrel

i8asquirrel Keizer, oregon Member

If you think its over priced , Don't but it! But you know its like that comercial that was around afew years ago. the one with the Hamburger tester for $35,000 they asked the tester if he gets much bussiness.....he says no but it only takes one!;)

6. wsu 5.9er

wsu 5.9er Spanaway WA Member

If you price out all the parts + $850 for a new Saiga 12 (what it would cost you to buy from Bud's, + shipping + transfer + tax), you'd be into it at least that much. Has the modified mag well, Krebs safety lever, extended mag release, VLTOR stock, etc.

7. 22many

That doesn't mean that's what it's worth. To me, it's worth $650.00. To others, maybe more or less. But I honestly don't see anybody giving the seller what he's asking.

Remember, we don't get into this hobby to make money.

8. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

Well, I certainly agree that Saiga's are overpriced right now. Several unscrupulous individuals are still spreading the "banned" rumor. But while this one is overpriced for my budget, it is certainly not a bare bones $700 saiga anymore. There's a lot of work and money that have gone into this one. I'm not going to buy it, but again, at least he didn't say it was a "banned" gun...

9. Silver Fox

Silver Fox Puyallup, WA Well-Known Member

;)

SF-

10. Phillyfan

Phillyfan Oregon City, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

You guys should check out some of the stuff on here:

Red Jacket Firearms

It is the shop that "Sons of Guns" is taped in. They build some COOL stuff! Pretty good show if you haven't seen it.

11. Dieselfuel12v

Dieselfuel12v Bellingham Member

Ouch, that Saiga would cost me $715. $690 +$25 transfer (free shipping from buds).

12. wsu 5.9er

wsu 5.9er Spanaway WA Member

So $800 with tax. ;)

13. Dieselfuel12v

Dieselfuel12v Bellingham Member

Dunno why, but my FFL still isn't charging tax. :D

14. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

That doesn't mean that's what it's worth.

Turnabout is fair play.

I would bet my next paycheck that he will get MUCH closer to his asking price than your perceived value which is based on half truths and gorilla dust.

wsu 5.9er and (deleted member) like this.
  15. 22many

It's apparent that you don't know how to read. My post said nothing about the value of said rifle. Get someone that knows how to read and translate my post to you.

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  16. hackercat13

hackercat13 Steilacoom, WA Active Member

Actually we were talking about the value of said shotgun, and can we please have one discussion without it turning into a flame war?

17. 22many

And what it's worth is dependent on what a person is willing to pay.

18. sadiesassy

sadiesassy Prescott Active Member

That is absolutely correct.

19. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

I dont know if you're being sarcastic or just ignorant.

If you really are serious, I'd suggest you pick up a dictionary before you start arguing semantics.

Value directly correlates to worth.
    So yes, by arguing worth you were arguing monetary value.

Exactly. But unfortunately for you, the value/worth is not set by the lowest bidder.

a few examples-

Example 1: A dollar bill is worth 100 pennies. If I am only willing to give 75 pennies for the dollar, that does not mean the dollar is now worth 75 pennies. 75 pennies is an arbitrary perceived value that I have given it. The dollar bill is still actually worth 100 pennies.

Example 2: To me, a Prius is worth its weight in scrap metal. That is my perceived value that I have attributed to it. That does not mean that the market value of a Prius is equal to it's weight in scrap metal.

There you go, an economic lesson AND an English lesson all on one thread.
    You're welcome.

20. 22many

So, when you were at school learning to read you learned some other things also. Well, good for you! Unfortunally , your post is completely idiotic. Your dictionary definitions mean pretty much the same (as everybody but you has already known). Yet, you continued to write a very long post and even pull out the dictionary and for what? To be the big man?

Well, I think that the "value" of your education that you have learned in the
    Last couple days just isn't what it's "worth".

Oh, and if you found someone to translate my original post i stated "to me it's worth $650.00". To the average person (that is worthy of understanding) the key word in that sentence is "me".

Last edited: May 19, 2011