Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

another regular guy

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by nilknarf, Jul 27, 2009.

1. nilknarf

nilknarf Beaverton Active Member

Wow- after reading a few posts, you "gun nuts":D don't seem to be ****-bent on the destruction of civilized society after all!

I'm a middle-aged duffer in Cedar Mill, own a few "working guns" (nothing too exotic or collectible aside from an old inherited S&W #3 DA .44-Russian break-top revolver with a 4" barrel) I'm here to learn what I can and to keep my ears open for anything that might threaten my rights to continue to be a fellow "gun nut"

2. Bajablast

Bajablast Hillsboro, OR Active Member

Regular guy?? Please define 'regular'

Glad to have another west of the river guy here.

Welcome!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

3. nilknarf

That's a loaded question!

regular guy = someone who thinks the same way I do, of course!

Specifically, a regular guy understands that not everyone who owns a gun is an anarchist idiot, not every politician has his constituency's best interests at heart, and if everyone was properly armed, getting a real job might be an attractive alternative to someone inclined to try to take without earning.

Thanks for the welcome! I'll try to live up to the high common-sense standards you guys seem to adhere to.

4. chiefchip

chiefchip Rainier, Oregon Member

Welcome to a great forum

5. GED

GED North Idaho Active Member

Welcome from another middle-aged duffer.

6. nilknarf

I think I'm going to like it here!

7. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

welcome.
    What's this middle aged stuff? The doctors keep raising the life expectancy age so how old is middle aged?.......I figure I'm not there yet...NOT THERE YET I TELL YA!:D

8. nilknarf

I'm planning to live until I'm 98, then I'll cash it in... that means I reached "middle age" about 3 days ago!

For all of the stigma that phrase seems to contain, I have to say that it's a good age to be! Two beautiful kids that are now making their own way in the world, a reasonably successful career that's still going strong... I think I've earned the right to call myself "middle aged" by now!

It's a good thing- really!