JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi,

I recently moved from California. My in laws live in Oregon, and they told us that many years ago Oregonians were a bit hostile to us folks from California moving in and driving up the price of real estate!

I've had nothing but good experiences with other Oregonians, very gracious and welcoming. After seeing the flurry of gun bills in Salem, I feel like the anti-gun folks followed me up here. But wow, how great will it be to own an a real AR without the stupid California bullet button!

I'm very happy to be in Oregon, and I'm also happy to have found the forum.

Welcome Qwigley....

May I share one concept that bothers Oregonians The Most???

It is moving here, without leaving behind the California Lifestyle!

IOW, your in "Rome now, do as the Romans do".

I moved from Coastal Washington .... to "East of the Mountains", I had zero problems and was accepted by all the Mountain Folk, cause I knew to adapt to their ways of living...

If you do the same here, you will do just Fine!

And First thing: change your license plates!!!

philip, lived in the Great Pacific NorthWet, most of my Adult Life.

PS: Never, I repeat NEVER complain about the Rain, that is a dead giveaway that "you Ain't From Around Here, Huh"?????? :D

IOf you are from down under, I want your Sharps.
Also as Boondocks said, leave California lifestyle and politics and laws ALL in California.
We have enough leftists up here already that brought their totalitarianism with them to foul our state.
SB941 today was part of the fallout of that and it may get worse.
And Learn to shoot long straight and fast, you may need that skill soon. :)
Welcome to Oregon and the Forum.

Matthew Q;
Welcome to O re gun
I used to have nightmares of Burbank and LA.
They faded in time.
Now nightmares are about hunting seasons
In the middle of a massive herd of Bulls
Coming close to eat my survival trail bars
Poking at me with their record Boone n Crockett tines
I open my only Remington Core-Lokt 30.06 shell box

and find it full of .22 boolets:eek:

Matthew Q;
Welcome to O re gun
I used to have nightmares of Burbank and LA.
They faded in time.
Now nightmares are about hunting seasons
In the middle of a massive herd of Bulls
Coming close to eat my survival trail bars
Poking at me with their record Boone n Crockett tines
I open my only Remington Core-Lokt 30.06 shell box

and find it full of .22 boolets:eek:
Op

Obviously a dream, 'cause that's about the only place .22 boolets exist.

Welcome to the forum. As an Oregon native, it doesn't bother me that Californians escape and move up here. In fact I married an escapee some 40 years ago. My problem is when they get here and decide we have too many freedoms. Freedoms they didn't have down south and why they escaped up here. Next thing you know they drag out their California politics and the fight is on.

If I were you I wouldn't broadcast that I came from Kalifornia. Especially if I lived east of the Cascades.
We don't need another enclave of Californians so do your best to be really quiet about where you came from!!
If you do that for enough years you might be accepted!!!

Sheldon

Welcome Qwigley....

And First thing: change your license plates!!!

philip, lived in the Great Pacific NorthWet, most of my Adult Life.

PS: Never, I repeat NEVER complain about the Rain, that is a dead giveaway that "you Ain't From Around Here, Huh"?????? :D

Thank you for the advice! One of the very first things I did was to get Oregon license plates and driver's license ;)

er
If I were you I wouldn't broadcast that I came from Kalifornia. Especially if I lived east of the Cascades.
We don't need another enclave of Californians so do your best to be really quiet about where you came from!!
If you do that for enough years you might be accepted!!!
Thank you Sheldon. I do have a small confession to make...I moved to California in 2004, but I'm originally from Ohio. However, given the results of last year's college football National Championship game, I figured I would be better off to say I was from California :D

I am so glad to have left totalitarian California, and all it's laws and regulations behind. I really don't think California can be saved, there are good people living there, but the government is controlled by statists.

I would like to fit in here; I've buried all my Buckeye scarlet and gray in the closet and replaced it with green and yellow.

Welcome, If you happen to lean ultra Liberal, worried about Owls and old growth forests, green energy, LGBT rights and such, that's great!! You don't have to worry about that any more. The Political scales are heavy left at the moment and have been forever. All the scary social and environmental issues have been addressed already!

Hoping to get an AR sans bullet button and with a standard cap. magazine and normal pistol grip stock............... maybe even a shoulder thing that goes up???o_O

Better join us in the Legal & Political section sometime soon then. We got a mess of people in Salem trying to take that stuff away from us. And they are succeeding at a rapid pace!

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top