JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Joined some time ago, but never got around to introducing myself. Thanks to my Dad, I grew up hunting and shooting. Still have my 1st .22. Started reloading about 60 years ago (sounds weird when I say that out loud). Spent time as an FO (forward observer) in the Army Artillery, mostly 155mm. Stationed in Alaska & Washington. Primary interests are early single shots. That would be Ballards, Bullards, Maynards, Stevens, Winchesters, Sharps, Gibbs, etc. I enjoy making obscure chambering go bang after sitting for a hundred + years. Still have a lot to learn about black powder, but I am working on it, both for cartridges and muzzleloaders. I am a very (VERY) amateur machinist, which comes in handy for making dies, etc. I have also played with several Corbin die sets for making my own jacketed bullets, which is a whole new learning process. I belong to the Big timber rifle & pistol club in Siletz. Maybe see some of you there?

1646604150445.png

Aloha, Mark

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODFW supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top