JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got an e-mail today from Oregon Senator Chris Edwards. Here's what he sent:

"Greetings Friends,

The 2013 session is nearing its halfway point and I would like to check-in with you. I understand that it can be difficult to make it all the way to Salem, so Representative Nancy Nathanson and I will be hosting a Constituent Coffee Hour this Friday:

When: March 29th, from 10-11 AM
Where: New Day Bakery, 449 Blair Blvd

I invite you to join us for coffee and fill us in on the issues that are important to you. You can also just stop in to say hello.

Hope to see you there!

Chris"

I don't know about Nancy Nathanson, but Chris has waffled and dodged making any commitments to the pro-gun movement. I've sent him 2 different e-mails and got the same non-committal response. Here is what he has said both times.

"Good Morning,

Thank you for your feedback on this important issue. The tragedies at Newtown, CT and in Clackamas Town Center have provided a painful reminder of the importance of creating safe environments for families, children and educators.

During the 2013 session, I anticipate that several legislators will put forward bills that address mental health, public safety and firearms, and it is important that we continue this conversation. As a gun owner myself, I am committed to working with constituents and stakeholders in this legislative session to find sensible solutions that keep our communities safe. In addition, I remain committed to hearing all sides of legislation relating to firearms to ensure we maintain our right to self-defense while minimizing the likelihood that these sort of tragedies will continue. I will consider the thoughts of all my constituents (both pro and con), including yours, when it comes time for a vote.

Thank you again for your time and input.

Chris Edwards

Oregon State Senator- District 7

503-986-1707"

Figured I would pass this on for others to know as well.

It amazes me how many of these jokers are ''gun owners'', i'll bet it's only in the sense of having one so they can say, "look at me, i'm a gun owner'' type thing. Doubt very much they actually use it, are familiar with it, or even look at it. A simple YES or NO on how they stand with or against gun ownership and confiscation. Not to mention honest answers about the 2nd amendment stand. You'll never see an ''honest answer'' from any of them. Remember that when its time to vote. Its past time for these jokers to be accountable.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top