JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
All Oregon residents,

This really burns me. The committee leaders are trying their hardest to try and rush things through to give our side as little opportunity as possible to organize and respond.
Therefore please DO post this in at least one other thread on reddit, or on another forum that you know Oregon residents read. And if you are kicking yourself in the pants for not submitting or signing up for testimony, here's your 2nd chance.
From this mornings email. This gives us less than 48 hours notice.

---------------------------------------------------------------

As we warned you several times, the Oregon Democrats have taken a short, one page "place holder" bill and turned it into a 64 page re-write of gun laws.

The bill is a complete re-write of Measure 114.

We will be analyzing the amendments and updating you as soon as possible, but you can read it all for yourself here:

The invited only "informational hearing" is Monday at 1PM. We have no idea who will be invited but we expect the hearing to make sure as little "information" as possible will be presented.

A "public" hearing will follow at 5pm.

If you want to sign up to testify, or if you want to submit written testimony, there are links at the top of this page to do so:

Obviously the short notice is designed to give you as little time as possible to analyze this monster or prepare a response. You can rest assured the anti-gun crowd was given this long in advance as usual.

It's the Oregon way.

Last Edited:
A couple other thoughts:
If the legislature is trying to find a way to undermine confidence and respect for government, this is the way to do it. Between combining 2005, 2006 and 2007 into one session (and likely bill), and dealing with M114 (about 4 bills worth), and rushing through the legislature in a way that gives people about 30-40 seconds to describe how it impacts their life, flaws, proposed changes, etc. It just isn't enough time.
Is it to the standard of filing ethics complaints? Is it straying from the "spirit" or text of the law that governs having fair hearings? I don't know.

I think the passages in bold are in addition to the original M114 text. If so, this addition means a permit request would have all personal information available for public viewing?

30 "(g) The record of information obtained during the permit applica-
tion process or during a request for a criminal background check by
a permit agent is exempt from disclosure as a public record under ORS
3 192.311 to 192.478.

The west coast is pushing hard lately, I wonder how much of this is ego these days.

Just look at Kotex, she is so driven not to be another thing commonly flushed down a toilet that she is actually letting officers arrest people and putting money towards homeless.

Been watching all of the other blue Marxist states putting various gun bills forward, and wondering why Oregon's was so tame. Now we know. They were just getting their dirty underhanded gut-n-stuff "emergency" game ready,,,

BUT, But, but........
1679786044834.png

1679786155760.png

Aloha, Mark

This one is specific to this clear and present danger. No one knows this is happening.
LOL, why not. Now it's posted on four threads on this forum. I don't understand how no one knows this is happening. It was emailed out on OLIS notifications just after midnight so everyone should have received the email. It's been posted on the Stop 114 facebook page as well as GGWG and ONRI. There is also now an OFF alert everyone should have received.

I can't imaging any responsible Oregon gun owner, let alone members of this forum, not signed up for multiple alerts and newsletters.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top