JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i agree, I hate sending a PM on an something that has already been sold. kinda makes me feel like an idiot when the one who should feel like an idiot was the one who just should have closed the ad in the first place. i mean seriously, how long does it take to close an ad.....

Please people...... when your classified add is sold, traded or pulled and it's time to close it DON"T BUMP IT TO THE TOP SAYING SOLD/TRADED or whatever. JUST CLOSE IT PLEASE!
I feel better now. :)

This has been a constant issue of those that want us too know their item is gone Vs. those that just gotta say SEE I Sold It!

I prefer that the Thread is just locked and forgot. All these threads could be edited to eliminate the mess they make.

Prime example http://www.northwestfirearms.com/part-accessory-classifieds/50977-sold-875-00-a.html

Sold 11 days ago + was already pages back and gone. Why bring it back to the front page? Anyone that had any interest can do a simple search for whatever item they had an interest in:s0049:

lol I was laughing at that thread too. why in the world would you list the price you sold it at? hey buddy! no one cares but you and the person who bought it.

I love it when they post what it sold for. So much so that I started doing it myself.
It helps gauge true market value when buying and/or selling. It's nice to be able to see what similar items are actually being sold for, not what they're valued at or what people are asking for them.

There's a few good reasons to list the sold price, but there's no reasons NOT to list the sold price.

I love it when they post what it sold for. So much so that I started doing it myself.
It helps gauge true market value when buying and/or selling. It's nice to be able to see what similar items are actually being sold for, not what they're valued at or what people are asking for them.

There's a few good reasons to list the sold price, but there's no reasons NOT to list the sold price.

The Price is not the ISSUE . Bumping a week or two OLD thread to the top simply to say it is SOLD is what this thread is about. Leave the price thats great. No need to BUMP SOLD items to the Top of the list.

The Price is not the ISSUE . Bumping a week or two OLD thread to the top simply to say it is SOLD is what this thread is about. Leave the price thats great. No need to BUMP SOLD items to the Top of the list.

Actually, if you had read the quote I was replying too, listing the price WAS the issue.
Here, I'll re-post it for you.

He said:
why in the world would you list the price you sold it at? hey buddy! no one cares but you and the person who bought it.

I replied:

I wasnt commenting on the thread bumping. I'm not sure how much whining will help the issue either, since the mods seem to partake in fun-bumping in the classifieds as well.

I wouldn't get ticked at SPF though. It's letting interested parties know that it's "potentially" sold... but if the deal falls through it leaves the seller the option of posting it available again. Not that they couldn't just open a new thread... but whatever.

Originally Posted by theduke

Correct. It's real simple. Don't bump an add to the top that you are going to close. JUST CLOSE IT.

I could care less what it says.

I saw some mention of not showing closed threads, but I haven't been able to find out how to do that. Can you make the classifieds not show closed threads? On another note, I also think the SPF posts do convey some useful info, i.e., that something isn't actually gone yet. And price info is also useful to know what things are actually selling for. Just my 3 cents worth.

Correct. It's real simple. Don't bump an add to the top that you are going to close. JUST CLOSE IT.

I could care less what it says.

Why is this still happening?:s0054:

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

An add thats 2-3 months old with No replys does not need to be Bumped, to then be Closed.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top