JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are they even supposed to be looking in this direction?? What kinda military is that??
It's a sloppily executed "eyes right" marching formation. The outter file keeps looking forward to keep the formation on track while the inside files of each rank are supposed to keep their heads turned 45* to the right, eyes lined straight with the head, shoulders and necks/heads pulled back to facilitate proper standing/walking posture (not slouching), chins not lifted into the air (multiple miserable fails in the photo). It's used to acknowledge and honor superiors and/or dignitaries, while the formation leader executes the salute.

Oh geez…. I'm now having a drill Sgt PTSD episode! :s0058:

Not really. :rolleyes:

That's why chewing gum while in formation is prohibited.
1713746627136.png

This is a pet peeve of mine. People calling into talk shows or posting on forums how they saw some army column on a highway, or that ship leave port, or those aircraft flying such and such direction. I know 99% of the time people mean well, but it's still disclosing info which might be useful to people who don't mean us well.

1713805601801.png

This is a pet peeve of mine. People calling into talk shows or posting on forums how they saw some army column on a highway, or that ship leave port, or those aircraft flying such and such direction. I know 99% of the time people mean well, but it's still disclosing info which might be useful to people who don't mean us well.

View attachment 1867816
These days, that's almost always information that's readily publicly available. Any enemy capable of effectively leveraging that sort of information almost certainly already knows, and has sophisticated intel operations that gather far more useful data.

It's tough to mount any sort of secret, especially large scale, movement nowadays.

Which is why I think the go-to method now is to operate under the guise of a "planned training op/exercise"

Russia did it. We would probably do the same.

Hey now... we don't need that kind of immaturity around here....

***NSFW WARNING***

It's tough to mount any sort of secret, especially large scale, movement nowadays.

Which is why I think the go-to method now is to operate under the guise of a "planned training op/exercise"

Russia did it. We would probably do the same.
Hence why they freaked out over Able Archer '83, they thought we were gonna do unto them as they do unto everybody else.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top