JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I wrote Patty Murray asking her NOT to vote to confirm Traver. Here's what I got back:

Dear Mr.

Thank you for contacting me regarding the appointment of Andrew Traver as Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. I appreciate hearing from you.

As you may know, Article II, Section 2 of the Constitution charges the Senate with advising on and consenting to presidential nominees to many executive branch offices. I consider this responsibility to be one of my most important duties as a U.S. Senator. As the Senate considers each of the President's potential appointees, I treat each individual with the same level of respect, scrutiny and courtesy that I believe all nominees deserve.

As I look at each individual, I examine their record and experience to see if they meet my long-held standards. I will consider whether they are ethical, honest and qualified. Rest assured, I also keep your views in mind when making my final decision on each nomination.

I share your concern and thank you for your observations about the President's potential appointees. If you would like to know more about my work in the Senate, please feel free to sign up for my weekly updates at Get Email Updates - United States Senator Patty Murray. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.

Sincerely,

Patty Murray
United States Senator

Just sounds like more politics to me and she plans to vote to confirm. I did try to write her back (twice) at the email address given but it bounced both time. I then went to her website and sent another two messages, one about my feelings on her message and one asking when she was going to support the investigation into Project Gunrunner.

Anyone care to guess what I get back?

8 former US Presidents have been NRA Members
80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
South West Washington Arms Collector member

deen_ad, You have to realize Obama/Holder and the gang are running around covering thier hides and have to get all thier stories straight, so when our august senator asks the question all bases will be covered and she can tell you all is under control and our state is getting X billions for high speed rail so you can visit your friends in Portland the same day you can come back to Seattle and don't worry about the gun problem, that guns kill many children everyday and you should be aware of that. Spad:s0123:

I also send a letter and a email to Sen. Murray with the same reply via email. I wonder if anybody even tells her about these emails.:(

Dear Mr. Kase:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the appointment of Andrew Traver as Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. I appreciate hearing from you.

As you may know, Article II, Section 2 of the Constitution charges the Senate with advising on and consenting to presidential nominees to many executive branch offices. I consider this responsibility to be one of my most important duties as a U.S. Senator. As the Senate considers each of the President's potential appointees, I treat each individual with the same level of respect, scrutiny and courtesy that I believe all nominees deserve.

As I look at each individual, I examine their record and experience to see if they meet my long-held standards. I will consider whether they are ethical, honest and qualified. Rest assured, I also keep your views in mind when making my final decision on each nomination.

I share your concern and thank you for your observations about the President's potential appointees. If you would like to know more about my work in the Senate, please feel free to sign up for my weekly updates at Subscribe - Senator Patty Murray. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.

Sincerely,
Patty Murray
United States Senator

Dear Senator Murray
I ran out of toilet paper. Please help

" I consider this responsibility to be one of my most important duties as a U.S. Senator."

I remeber this line from a reply I got from her office.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top