JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
happy everyone GIF

I would be more afraid of Bidumb pushing the RED button thinking it was his diaper change button than an asteroid. An asteroid that size would be lights out for all rather quickly. With Bidumb at the helm the negative effects will be lasting for generations!

If we ever learn how to accurately steer (aim) an asteroid it would make a heck of a weapon.
There's been a lot of conjecture on whether something like this is possible, specifically if we can steer a passing asteroid into earth's gravitational field and suspend it in orbit to mine it for precious resources. I saw a scientist give a lecture on it at university once. It's a fascinating concept, but probably a long way from actualization for now.

There's been a lot of conjecture on whether something like this is possible, specifically if we can steer a passing asteroid into earth's gravitational field and suspend it in orbit to mine it for precious resources. I saw a scientist give a lecture on it at university once. It's a fascinating concept, but probably a long way from actualization for now.
There's a whole moon full of stuff up there that we should be mining. Don't need to travel clear to the asteroid field.

FYI - thousands of meteorites, mostly very small in size (smaller than a pebble mostly), hit Earth's atmosphere every day. Some are pretty good size. There are a number of larger meteor showers every year, and some every three, seven and eleven years.

I used to test meteor burst comm systems and it was interesting to see these meteorites cause enough ionization to bounce signals off of them every minute or so. Some were large enough for their trails to last a several minutes.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top