JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For the first time, the US Food and Drug Administration has granted approval for a feces-based microbial treatment, which is used to prevent a recurring diarrheal infection that can become life-threatening.

The approval, announced Wednesday, is years in the making. Researchers have strained to harness the protective qualities of the complex, diverse, yet variable microbial communities found in healthy people's intestines and stool. Early on, rich fecal matter proved useful for restoring balance and blocking infection in those whose microbiomes have been disturbed—a state called dysbiosis, which can occur from disease and/or use of antibiotic drugs. But, our understanding of what makes a microbiome healthy, functional, and protective remains incomplete.

Well I looked this over and if I had a choice between some toxic pharm drug or useless antibiotics, and I was really suffering, bring on the crap. Just about everything our fraudulent 'health care' system does is just for profiteering via pimping Pharm drugs now. Even though gross, if it isn't a recurring revenue stream for a hospital and/or doctors, I wouldn't be against it.

Who needs a fecal transplant?

Fecal transplant is used to treat a severe bacterial infection called C. difficile, or C. diff.

Like most infections, C. diff is usually treated with antibiotics. But in some people, the infection can come back again and again. It won't respond to more antibiotics.

A fecal transplant is a more successful treatment for recurrent C. diff than antibiotics. It often clears up the infection quickly.

How does a fecal transplant work?

A fecal transplant puts stool full of healthy bacteria into your colon. When you have enough good bacteria in your gut, the bad bacteria that cause disease are held in check.

How is a fecal transplant done?

Doctors collect a donor's bowel movement and mix it with saline solution, then strain it through a coffee filter. The result is a brown liquid that contains the good bacteria. The doctor injects it deep into your colon using a long, flexible tube called a colonoscope.

This procedure usually takes place in a hospital. You'll get medicine that will make you sleep through the whole thing.

Before you get a transplant, you won't take any antibiotics for 2 days. The day before, you'll have a liquid diet and use laxatives or an enema as your doctor tells you to.

On the day of your transplant, you'll get loperamide (Imodium) to keep you from having diarrhea. This helps you hold in the donated stool so it's more effective.

Poop capsules

It isn't as widely used, but there is a newer type of fecal transplant that comes in capsule form. Thankfully, you don't swallow it. The doctor places it in your gut through a long tube that goes up your nose and down into your belly. Donated poop is screened, prepared, and frozen, then placed inside little capsules. You'll get 15 capsules over 2 days. It doesn't sound pleasant, but it works well to clear up diarrhea from recurrent C. diff.

Well I looked this over and if I had a choice between some toxic pharm drug or useless antibiotics, and I was really suffering, bring on the crap. Just about everything our fraudulent 'health care' system does is just for profiteering via pimping Pharm drugs now. Even though gross, if it isn't a recurring revenue stream for a hospital and/or doctors, I wouldn't be against it.

Fecal transplant is used to treat a severe bacterial infection called C. difficile, or C. diff.

Like most infections, C. diff is usually treated with antibiotics. But in some people, the infection can come back again and again. It won't respond to more antibiotics.

A fecal transplant is a more successful treatment for recurrent C. diff than antibiotics. It often clears up the infection quickly.

A fecal transplant puts stool full of healthy bacteria into your colon. When you have enough good bacteria in your gut, the bad bacteria that cause disease are held in check.

Doctors collect a donor's bowel movement and mix it with saline solution, then strain it through a coffee filter. The result is a brown liquid that contains the good bacteria. The doctor injects it deep into your colon using a long, flexible tube called a colonoscope.

This procedure usually takes place in a hospital. You'll get medicine that will make you sleep through the whole thing.

Before you get a transplant, you won't take any antibiotics for 2 days. The day before, you'll have a liquid diet and use laxatives or an enema as your doctor tells you to.

On the day of your transplant, you'll get loperamide (Imodium) to keep you from having diarrhea. This helps you hold in the donated stool so it's more effective.

Poop capsules

It isn't as widely used, but there is a newer type of fecal transplant that comes in capsule form. Thankfully, you don't swallow it. The doctor places it in your gut through a long tube that goes up your nose and down into your belly. Donated poop is screened, prepared, and frozen, then placed inside little capsules. You'll get 15 capsules over 2 days. It doesn't sound pleasant, but it works well to clear up diarrhea from recurrent C. diff.
"Sounds" horrible but, for those suffering from this? I doubt they care how it sounds if they get cured.

Poop capsules

There used to be a bath house in Seattle where you could get this procedure done. By very, very friendly chaps.

Oh, and btw, most modern pharmaceuticals are being made in China now.

So, I really can't say what's worse......

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top