JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all,

I'm Lonnie Wilson, and I live up in Lynnwood, Washington. I formerly resided in both Beaverton and Hillsboro before I moved up to Seattle area.

When I moved to Washington, we had quite the terrible situation in regards to the open carrying of firearms. We had RCW 9.41.270, which was a law which was wrongfully interpreted for decades to ban open carry if someone complained about it.

So instead of whining and complaining about the situation, I decided to do something about it.

I went down to the State Archives in Olympia, and researched the bill which put that statute into law. It was passed in 1969, after the Black Panther Party spread to Seattle. Oregon also passed a law in regards to the possession of firearms in public buildings (under pain of a felony), which CHL holders were exempt from (which was a may-issue statute) on the same year, presumably to keep the Panthers from marching into the Oregon Legislature with their guns.

Armed with some golden information out of the debates in the Washington Senate, I asked my local chief of police (Federal Way at that point) to issue a training bulletin to it's officers.

After I received that training bulletin, I took the document and used it all over the State of Washington, along with the assistance of many others, to get other agencies to issue training bulletins.

Oregon didn't have as MANY issues, but Portland Police Bureau has been a continual problem on this subject. This needs to be fixed.

I also intend to eventually challenge the Oregon Non-Resident CHL situation which is patently unfair. Stay tuned for that news.

Welcome Lonnie, I can't tell you how happy I am that you've decided to join us.

I look forward to working with you to protect and expand our 2A rights.

Now THERE'S a fella that I'm happy to say Merry Christmas to. :)

Good job Lonnie, great to have you around. :s0155:

RE Portland and Portland PD: I work in Portland and every day I'm glad for that drive home. There's these two roadside neighbors in the country that look like they are having a competition to see who can fly the largest American flags. The guy on the east side of the road has the current advantage because he painted the flag on the side of his barn and it's HUGE. No matter my mood, going through that section makes me feel good to be around my neighbors in the county.

I love Oregon, I tolerate the city.

Once again, welcome.

That is excellent! I hate feeling like carrying a firearm is a crime. It is a right. I should be able to exercise my rights without worrying about getting surrounded by squad cars. No one should have to fear the free exercise of our God given constitutional rights!

Thanks for your efforts!

For those of you who haven't visited opencarry.org, Lonnie is a powerhouse for helping folks up here maintain their 2A rights.

Good to have you on board, Lonnie!

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top