JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We received this letter from our Federal Rep today.

New orders are way out there……..
The amount of this coming throught has really petered out due to increase in military requests associated with anticipated Middle East uneasiness.
All 5.56 / .223 is being allocated and worked through on first in / first out basis.
Best info I can offer up on all product categories right now.
Pistol loads are being worked through in same fashion, based on when the orders went in.
Customer service is not giving out dates currently as production schedules keep fluctuating and dates are becoming obsolete.
Not much info but best I know right now.

The USAF has started training all Airmen in ground combat skills. Before, Airmen got a quick orientation in small arms. Now they will actually be trained. This progran will also add to DOD need for small arms ammo.

The USAF has started training all Airmen in ground combat skills. Before, Airmen got a quick orientation in small arms. Now they will actually be trained. This progran will also add to DOD need for small arms ammo.

Where did you get this info, Warrior week still only does the one day training with 30 practice rounds, then 50 rounds for their "run for record"

Where did you get this info, Warrior week still only does the one day training with 30 practice rounds, then 50 rounds for their "run for record"

I read about it at Military.com My son, an AF Major, was deployed to Afghinstan. He had no combat training at the time. Glad to see the AF Brass take notice and action.

Is that election season I see on the horizon??

(this all seems like a flashback to 2008, so color me skeptical when I hear that the military is buying up rounds or whatever other reason is given)

Am working part time for Washougal River Cartridge Co., and we sell everything we make. Can't keep up enough to build up stock.

I don't go to gun shops, but visited some shops in the last few weeks to check ammo availability, and they seem to be well stocked with ammo as of now.

img196.jpg

Everybody. It's just the way it is.

Only some of the increase is due to demand and opportunity to raise prices.

The first part of the increase is just to meet inflation that can run as high as 6% in some years. Other components of the price increase is for higher metals prices just caused by there being more people in the world demanding manufactured goods. Let's not forget the increases in labor costs demanded by the workers that are trying to cope with the same inflation that ATK is.

A friend up here hauls the shipping containers between Seattle and Tacoma.
He just had to raise his fuel sur charge another 3%.

Remember,as fuel goes up ,so does everything else.Especially diesel,as 99.99999% of everything we buy has been on a diesel vehicle through some part of it's journey.
They are probably throwing another 1-2% in there for good profit...good measure,but everything must go up in prices with the fuel costs.
Just the way it is.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads